Has Anybody Smelled the Holy Spirit?

I am looking for serious responses please. Anyways, today I was at church, and my pastor was really excited to share the word with us today, and he even said he feels really energized by God to share it, so much so that he had us all pray to receieve the Spirit's word before the sermon. Now we went through the... show more I am looking for serious responses please. Anyways, today I was at church, and my pastor was really excited to share the word with us today, and he even said he feels really energized by God to share it, so much so that he had us all pray to receieve the Spirit's word before the sermon. Now we went through the sermon, and it was mostly about listening to God, and I really liked how it went. You know how sometimes church is a chore? Well for me this day it definitly wasnt, I kept feeling like I had to hold back the tears, and that I was really close to God. Now here is where the "bizarre" part came in. towards the end, after we all took communion, we were all singing, and I could get these faint smells. At first I thought maybe it was perfume someone was wearing, but I couldnt smell it around me, it would come and go in phases. It smelled alot like hibiscus, flowers, fresh smells that obviously were only in my mind as far as I could deduct. Now I remember my mother who is a strong christian once told me she could smell the Spirit, and that it smelled like fresh flowers too. Thus I concluded that must have been what it was. I then realized the reason the smell wasnt lingering over a period of time is that perhaps the Spirit was moving all around the room, and thus each individual would get a series of small fragrances. I can count about 3 times that I had about a 2 second wiff of the fragrance, each time smelled so beautiful, familiar in a way, yet so unreal.

Now dont get me wrong, im a very down to earth Christian, I am not charasmatic, I dont believe in signs and miracles to build a faith on, in fact ive never experienced anything (that I know of) that was supernatural/divine that it transcended a physical sense, ie being able to smell it. Thats why I write all of this, because im not one of these people that has tons of stories about miraculous and divine things happening on our plane of existance. In fact this has definitly been the closest thing to "feeling the Spirit" I have ever experienced.

Im left mostly with amazement and awe, I dont feel afraid, I never did at all, it just felt so surreal smelling those short fragrances. I have know and truly believed He was there all along, I think it just caught me off guard because I havent been living the most Godly of lifestyles, so I think for me, being able to experience that, only confirmed for me that even though im not perfect, God truly does love me. Now im asking if anybody else has experienced this as well? I havent been able to find any serious responses online about this, so im asking here. Has anybody else been able to smell Him?

I am hoping to get responses only from down to earth Christians, no jokes, no crazy off the wall fundamental Christian stuff please, thanks in advance!