Left the US with a TPS status now whats to come back what should he do?

My boyfriend came here to the US 5 years ago illegally they caught him and granted him the TPS. He has 2 kids in Honduras and wanted to go see his kids in Honduras therefore he voluntarily left after being here for 2 years with no criminal record not even a parking ticket! now 3 years later we are still together... show more My boyfriend came here to the US 5 years ago illegally they caught him and granted him the TPS. He has 2 kids in Honduras and wanted to go see his kids in Honduras therefore he voluntarily left after being here for 2 years with no criminal record not even a parking ticket! now 3 years later we are still together and now are planning to get married. My question is, since he left voluntarily would that effect him in any way? Like would they not allow him to come back into the US .. even if we do get married?

When he was here he always went to the court dates he had a ssn, working permit.. never got in trouble with the law. (he never got deported nor anything of that sort)

I am just scared that if we do get married they wont grant him the visa because of leaving, when he was here already... please help!

(does anyone know how long the process will take for him to get either approved or denied for the visa after i file the petition for him??)

-Thanks in advance.
Update: He left absolutely voluntarily he wrote a letter stating he wanted to leave to see his kids.. he never got a voluntary deportation letter.
Update 2: THE SSN NOR WORKING PERMIT WERE NOT FAKE!