Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What are your thoughts on the new horror movie coming out called 'Devil'?

Based on the television commercials, there are scenes of people trapped in an elevator in a high rise building and the lights go out, and there's like a demon in there with them terrorizing them.

It looks scary. But what I'm curious about is whether you think such a movie entitled 'Devil' could actually have a negative impact on people?

I heard someone on a radio show before say that if a movie was made with the name of a demon being made known to a large enough audience, then it could give that demon power in the physical world. Do you think that this movie 'Devil' could be spiritually harmful?

I'm usually okay with horror movies, but I'm not sure I want to see this movie.

Update:

Mother Superior - the radio show was Coast to Coast.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • mary
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

you would be smart not to go to that movie or any horror movie.

• 9 years ago

"I heard someone on a radio show before say that if a movie was made with the name of a demon being made known to a large enough audience, then it could give that demon power in the physical world."

That's a metaphysical concept known as thoughtforms.

I don't agree with it myself, and I'm left wondering what radio show even contemplated such rubbish.

*edit*

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

• Sabi
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I know its just a movie, but I was always told by my family growing up to becareful what I watch and who I get things from because they are easy paths to letting evil forces in.I just know that weird stuff that are no way normal has happened to people in the past....

• ART'd
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Movies are only fiction created by playful minds of people. Movies sometimes leads us sometime disturbing our faith , but the purpose of this is not to put our beliefs on it. They just want to entertain people in the wrong way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why do people like watching horror movies anyways?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Only Christians getting their butts whipped by the devil,

ya never see any Buddhists having problems like this.

That say's something.

• 9 years ago

They make a movie on Glenn Beck?

• 9 years ago

I'm staying WAY FAR AWAY from it!! I don't want to see anything having to do with spirits and demons.

• 9 years ago

dont watch horror movies you cant sleep a few nights after that

• 9 years ago

just more Horeb-bull

try Poof (Vanish) goes the dragon,

instead of Puff goes the dragon,

when you flush law as dung

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.