-__- asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 9 years ago

Why do students always give teachers apples?

I always wondered why students give teachers apples. They have be doing it for a long time. What does this mean? Is it a symbol or a sign or something? Help please! Thanks:)

• -
    Favorite Answer

Tradition, people used to have apple trees in their yards or neighbor's yards that the kids walked past on their way to school. They get ripe about the time school starts. We brought them in 5th grade, one girl brought a big, shiny red apple. And others followed suit, it became a little joke. We polished them up good so they would be nice & shiny and got the biggest ones we could find. First red ones and then someone brought a yellow one. She had them lined up on the edge of her desk. The teacher thanked us and said she was going to start making pies with them. Kids liked to get on their teacher's good side and at the beginning of the year, kind of a little bribe.

I'm guessing the tradition stems from the symbolic nature of the apple which is that of knowledge. The tree of knowledge, apple inc. ect

the student that gives the teacher the apple... is the one getting laid by the teacher.

no one does that students only give teachers apples in movies it dont happen i real life at least i think it dont happen hmmm..... good question!!!

is "apple" some kind of code?

To keep the doctor away.

I'VE BEEN WONDERING THAT FOR A LONG TIME! I dont know.