? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 years ago

do u agree with abortion?

do u thinks it right to have an a arbotion like if u had the baby you would die

me and my sister are aguring about this.so do u think its right.i do. but my sis dosent

and is there any way i could highlight the postivies of abortions

p.s i only agree with abortion if u were raped or u could die from childbirth

Favorite Answer

Whoever said abortion hurts worse than giving birth is totally ridiculous, that was not the question.

The question is, do you believe in abortion? It doesn't matter what we think. It is 100% down to personal choice.

In my opinion, if a woman could not cope with a baby, for financial or emotional or phyiscal reasons, it is her choice, she is the one who would have to live with it either way. Abortion is available, and is sometimes a better option than a miserable life for mum, dad and child. It can also be a way of making sure a child is not born to suffer...if that child has disabilities that would mean its quality of life and life span were very poor and it was crueller for it to live than be aborted. In this age, we have the option available to us, and no one is right to judge any woman for her own personal choice. Would they prefer another unwanted unloved child on the planet that is already over crowded? Would they like to pay for that child if the parents do not take responsibility for it? Would they want a 12 year old girl to have a baby, or a woman who had been raped or abused by a family member?

You and your sister should agree that you don't agree. This is not a subject that has a right or a wrong answer and neither of you needs to 'win' in this situation. Whatever is best for the individual situation . We should never judge another woman's choices or we leave ourselves open to be judged, and nobody lives a blameless life without hard choices in it.

I hope if someone here is struggling with a decision they will receive support and love whatever the outcome is.

I have had an abortion when I fell pregnant, whilst using birth control, at too young an age to cope, and in a poor relationship. Now I am pregnant, many years later, with a very much wanted child . I could never imagine abortion now, but those years ago I was just not ready for a child and 'facing the consequences' would have meant that me and the child had a miserable hard life. Now I feel I am ready to be a good role model and loving mother and have a fiancee that is 100% involved and will be an amazing dad. My baby will have a great start in life. Having an abortion was the hardest thing I have ever done but I feel my decision was the right one at the time. I had to have counselling as it felt unnatural and I felt guilty, but I came to terms with it.

Just my opinion, and those who don't believe in abortion are entitled to theirs, and will never have one...so we should live and let everyone else live their way.

Yes, I agree with abortion. I am not religious and I am a firm believer in people doing what is best for them and the child they would bring into this world and not to bring a child into a world where the parents couldn't provide the right life for it. People say adoption is an option but for some women adoption would cause more mental distress than an abortion. I am pro-choice and I believe it is the woman's decision.

I don't agree with abortion as a method of birth control. I think if you're old enough to have sex then you're old enough to think about protecting yourself and if you just didn't use contraception and then opt for an abortion for no other reason than you didn't want a baby then adoption or keeping the baby should be the only options. Obviously, circumstances are different from woman to woman but I know girls who've had multiple abortions just because they couldn't be bothered with contraception and I don't feel that's correct.

• It's a very personal desicion. I do agree with whoever feels like going through with it and I'd support them on their desicion but if I find out that I'm pregnant I'd have it and I'd kick anyone in the a** who suggests me to have abortion.

As I told you, it's something personal. Both is not an easy period but I don't think I can deal with the trauma of having an abortion. It might give me a huge depression.

• LG

That's a very loaded question. I don't know what I would do in that situation unless personally faced with it. I however agree that abortion is wrong and you should deal with the consequences of your irresponsible sexual activities. Sex was designed for baby making and of course pleasure, but that usually results in baby making. I dunno', I do believe in the woman's right to choose because that's the freedom we have in America. But on the same hand I would never get an abortion.

Im very much Pro Choice

Its the womans right to choose what is best for her

But abortion should NEVER be used as a form of BC

It's not a great thing under any circumstances but my pencils all have erasers on them. There is no point in perpetuating mistakes and ruining two lives.

its a choice often made as you financially cannot support the child are to young to cope or because of complications

an abortion hurts more then giving birth

yes

my pregnancy hurts so i will abort now