On the today show yesterday they showed red velvet cream cheese swirl brownies!?

I couldn't find the recipe on the website, Does anyone know where to find it? I can't find one that looks like what they did.

Update:

Yes, I found those also. The ones on Today show had more of cream cheese swirled throughout the brownies.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Red Velvet Swirl Brownies

Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2010

1 tablespoon butter, for greasing baking pan

Red Velvet Brownie layer:

1 stick unsalted butter

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup cocoa powder

pinch of salt

1 tablespoon red food coloring

1 teaspoon vinegar

2 eggs

3/4 cup flour

Cream Cheese layer:

8 ounces cream cheese

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1/8 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Butter an 8x8 baking pan, set aside. In a sauce pot on medium heat melt the butter. Remove to a bowl and add sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring and vinegar, in that order mixing between additions. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and combine with warm cocoa mix. Fold the flour into the chocolate batter and combine lightly. Add walnuts and pour into prepared baking dish, saving a ¼ cup of batter for the top.

For the cream cheese layer, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gently spread cream cheese layer on top of brownie batter in the pan. Dollop remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Using a skewer or the sharp end of a knife, drag the tip through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl patter. Bake brownies for 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.

Yield: 8-10 servings

Source(s): Found the reciped under Sunny Anderson,
  • xpdshn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.