Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is the best brand of ktchen appliances have good quality?

• M M T
    Favorite Answer

Before you buy anything, make sure there is a local, authorized repair service for that brand in your area. These big box stores (Lowe's, Best Buy, Home Depot) sell them all but a lot of times, there is not anyone authorized by the manufacturer to work on them should you have an issue under warranty. These stores use that as an "excuse" to push you into buying the expensive extended warranty through them. They say we'll take care of it. Even they have trouble in some areas with some brands. Don't buy the warranty!

Pop into the local library and take a look at Consumer Reports 2010 buying guide. That will give you a lot of information right there.

I always buy my appliances from our local dealer rather than one of the big box stores and have for years. I know he won't steer me in the wrong direction and will be here to fix the thing if I have an issue. I have not been unhappy with anything I have purchased from him in the almost 30 years I've been dealing with him.

And you get service you won't get from the Big Box stores. If I call with a disaster, his service people are here the same day. He will rearrange their schedule to get them here pronto. When our old fridge left us know if was not going to continue to work much longer, he rearranged their entire delivery schedule for the next day so we got the new one before the old one died. They delivered for free and properly installed it, took all the packaging and stuff away with them and cleaned up their mess.

In the almost 30 years I've dealt with my appliance guy, I have paid for 3 service calls. Two of them were reduced greatly because we decided to buy new rather than repair; the age of the offending appliance dictated replacing rather than a big repair bill. Most of the time if I call with an issue, he tells me how to fix it or says come out, get the part and I'll walk ya through it. And he's not sent me in the wrong direction yet!

Yeah, I might pay a little more when I purchase but the peace of mind of knowing I have someone to call who will fix it and do it quickly should I have an issue is well worth the price.

I have friends who bought a LG stove from Best Buy. 4 months down the road, the burners start shutting off when they feel like it. Come to find out no local service provider. Of course, LG won't pay the serviceman from 1 1/2 hours (one way) anything extra to come so he won't. Last I heard, our friends had to pay his travel time & mileage out of their pockets and LG covered the labor and the parts. They were seriously contemplating suing LG but realized that would be a whole lot of hassle and cost more in lawyer fees that it was worth.

They have been all desperate diplomats; for they have been each and every thing I certainly have never been v_v perchance we shared the comparable blatant honesty, and the comparable subtle wit, yet had none of those characteristics existed interior myself, i do no longer think of i'd have had any friends in any respect. BQ: i can't say in spite of the fact that if or no longer they had any romantic pursuits. in the event that they had, in spite of the fact that, i became into thoroughly oblivious to it; and thinking they have been all very open human beings, i'm proceed to be advantageous that i'd have heard some thing of the variety had they had such pursuits to start with - in spite of the fact that if or no longer they confided in me or no longer! - Aries solar, 1H. - Aries Venus, 2H. - Pisces Mercury, 12H.

It could depend on the country you are in..

samsung, south korea

Source(s): www.samsung.com