Applying for green card?

Okay. My husband is applying for his green card. I'm 17. Someone told him that i have to be 18 in order for him to apply for his green card, and we have to have a certain amount of income, and i strongly believe that this isn't true. Because being married, i have some rights as to an adult because i... show more Okay. My husband is applying for his green card. I'm 17.

Someone told him that i have to be 18 in order for him to apply for his green card, and we have to have a certain amount of income, and i strongly believe that this isn't true.

Because being married, i have some rights as to an adult because i am married now, and i no longer depend on my parents.

Plus, after marriage, he is suppose to apply for his green card for a better chance of getting it later on in the future.

I read that as long as we have enough money to support ourselves and have jobs, then it shouldn't be a problem to apply for it. And out of everything that i have read, and from the people i've talked to, i haven't read anything that said any of this....

So can anyone clear up anything for me please, thank you??? ~ Sarah
Update: My husband is already here, he came here to the united states on a B2 or B1 visitor visa. I am a U.S citizen though. So.. I have to be18 to have someone over 21 who is a U.S citizen to sponsor him or since i am married with my parent's consent, i can ? He currently isn't working but he will be soon. And I... show more My husband is already here, he came here to the united states on a B2 or B1 visitor visa. I am a U.S citizen though. So.. I have to be18 to have someone over 21 who is a U.S citizen to sponsor him or since i am married with my parent's consent, i can ? He currently isn't working but he will be soon. And I have a job now, but I will probably only be making up to 16 to 17, 000 a year. . . :(