? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

is it wrong for a man to wear perfume ?

I noticed a lot of women wearing men's cologne and no one has a problem, they seem to also be very cocky about it too like "yea i wear mens cologne and what?" not that i have a problem but why can't men do the same without called out as being gay?

I am an avid perfume wearer and my favorite is Fantasy by Britney Spears, people think i'm gay but if women can wear cologne i don't see why men can't wear perfume. In the end we all just want to smell nice.

I'm a man and i wear perfume, and what?

Favorite Answer

Who knows when people got it into their heads that sweet fragrances equals women's fragrances only and any man who wears a sweet fragrance is a homosexual. Perfume marketing is a real effective business, I suppose. I think a lot of people who criticize others for what perfumes they wear have eaten up what fragrance marketers have fed them a little too much.

As for you, if it makes you happy, if you like it, and if it doesn't hurt anyone, wear it with pride. Who cares what anyone else thinks as long as you're happy? :-)

It wouldn't be a problem if you wear a men perfume or unisex one. Or at least wear clear or musky perfumes like Light Blue by D&G, Diorissimo by Dior and other perfumes like this. Women also do not wear very masculine perfumes but the more clear ones. Fantasy by Britney Spears it is clearly too sweet and girly for a guy and that's why people suppose you are gay. If you like the perfume so much, just learn to accept that some people will suppose you are gay.

Who the hell cares. If you're wearing a Cologne you like but others don't, there's haters. If you wear perfume that smells good or "girly" good, haters gonna hate. I wear perfume that smells girly and I have a gf that loves to be around me because I smell just as good as her. In the end I smell beyond good instead of a locker room with OD Cologne... When I wear Cologne the smell starts to go away after like 7 hours but perfume stays smelling good for 2+ days when I smell my hamper... Basically I smell good for a long period of time. People that judge have nothing else better to do or just because I smell better....

its a bit like women can wear trousers but men in dresses dont go down too well

Wear what you want o-0

not for gay man

ni**a you gay