Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Does anyone agree with Tony Blair when he claims radical Islam is the greatest threat to the world today?

After all he should know he's done more than most to help it gain popularity.

Favorite Answer

The wars in Iraq & Afghanistan have achieved nothing except to create more terrorists & cost the lives of over 5000 British & American troop & over 150,000 civilians. It has also cost us 0ver a trillion dollars.

) Does anyone agree with Tony Blair when he claims radical Islam is the greatest threat to the world today?

Probably many do, but clearly the greatest threat is a meteorite. Second is probably a huge solar event. Third is probably a huge volcanic event (such as a supervolcano) - though as far as we know none of those (like Yosemite) are in imminent danger of erupting.

By comparison, Islam is not very threatening. You might be able to claim that Islam is the greatest threat *that is presently actively causing problems* in the world today - but I would not agree with that either, Islam being no threat at all to a great many people on the planet.

Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com

Is Blair a "Great World Statesman"? What is Blair going to be remembered for? I think the ****-up that is Iraq As for Cameron, can't suss him out at all. I think labour and conservatives sound so a like nowadays, it is hard to tell them apart. Socialism died in 1997. Left wing politics no longer exists in the UK except for very minor parties like the communists. We only have centre-right politics now

• neil s

I disagree on two fronts. First, when better than 75% of Muslims in Turkey - one of the most liberal Muslim predominate nations - say apostates should be killed, I disagree that there is a "radical" Islam. Next, the behavior of any religious terrorist is based on belief, and those beliefs are generally supported by faith. Faith fails to rule out *any* belief, since it removes the need for evidence and reason when forming a belief. Thus, it is faith, and not merely one expression of it, that is the danger.

islam is THE Greatest threat........ ALL muslims must obey the law of allah absolutely and without exception..... and it is the law of allah that islam is to dominate the world and that ALL who do not submit to the law of allah are to be killed

If one would read the Koran, one will find out that Allah wants Muslims to kill the infidels (unbelievers) wherever they are found (Koran 9:5), and that peace will come only to those who submit to him (Koran 8:17, 48:29, and 65). The Koran also has Allah saying that unbelievers should be killed (Koran 2:191, 3:141, 4:104, 4:89, 8:12-16, 9:5, 9:73-74, 9:123, 25:52…), that Muslim apostates should be killed or chastised (Koran 2:39, 2:85, 3:85, 3:106, 4:89, 16:106, and 47:25-28), that the heads and fingers of unbelievers should be cut off (Koran 5:33, 8:12, and 47:4), and that Muslims should fight and humiliate Jews and Christians (Koran 5:18 and 9:29).

Allah orders Muslims not to take Jews, Christians and other unbelievers as friends (Koran 3:28, 5:51 and 9:23), and will not forgive Christians (Koran 4:48 and 4:116). Muhammad taught to put the infidels to death wherever they were found (Koran 2:191, 2:244, 4:89, 5:36, 9:5, and 9:29), urged Muslims to fight the unbelievers who are close (Koran 9:123), mentioned that fighting is obligatory (Koran 2:216), and mandated the conquering of those relatives who opposed Muslims because loyalty to Islam overrode all other human bonds (Koran 9:23-24, and 58:22).

the only difference between muslims is that many are willing to sit back and let others do the dirty work

I will NEVER SUBMIT to the law(deceptions) of allah(koran/islam)

I agree. Who tried to bomb Times Square? Who has made us paranoid to travel by air? Who killed 3,000 Americans about 9 years ago?

I like Blair. He also said some very nice things about America.

I am not interested in what Mr.Blair thinks.

The man is responsible for taking my country into two wars,which has resulted in the deaths and mutilation of hundreds of my fellow Brits,along with the casualties of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

He has allowed hundreds of thousands of unwanted immigrants into the UK,without any consultation with the British people,which has resulted in our education and health services being severely overloaded.

He has nearly bankrupted us as a nation,with his "jobs for the boys" and pathetic inability to control public spending.

He is a money grabbing,lying fraudster,who should be tried for treason and war crimes,then removed from the face of this earth.

Source(s): The man is a C***

He has 100,000 deaths on his conscience. He has to shift the blame somewhere.

Although, sadly, it is one of the bigger threats to the world today, along with the environment, globalisation, the spread of consumerism and the fact that non-democratic countries are starting to outperform the democracies.

The word "radical" actually means "having roots."

I have some radical roses in the garden. I also have some radical weeds.

My understanding is that out of control central governments are a much greater danger.