Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 years ago

do you really think the government will put a stop to marijuana and prostitution?

I think they are here to stay and no matter what you do especially on prostitution you won't be able to stop it so why not vote to legalize it and tax it and keep the women safe with medical checkups? I can't understand why some people are so blind to want to vote on this human rights after all is my right to smoke what ever I want and to have sex with who ever I want. if you agree with me why don't you write to your congressrep?

Favorite Answer

Government can't stop weed and prostitution, religion can't stop them, nor can Big Business stop them.

My "congressrep" is a fat RINO named Candice Miller, and she's more interested in sailing around the Great Lakes than legalizing freedom. Don't count on her to get you with a hottie who charges $150 an hour.

Concentrate on your state legislators, and vote Libertarian this November.

I have supported the legalization of both of these issues.In Connecticut a law was passed this year "decriminalizing" possession of less than a quarter ounce of pot,you just get a fine.Prostitution will always get a bad rap in New England,Im not sure why.There has never been any legislation trying to make it legal here.

I would not bother with these things on a national level.I believe that it should be up to the individual states to decide whether they want to legalize these things or not.

• Who's going to pay for those medical checkups? Tax payers? I'd like to know because I work as a therapist and I don't even have health insurance. Why should hookers get their health attended to but not everybody else as well? And as for legalizing marijuana...sure. But I hope that it is taxed a lot...because there is not enough funding out there for chemical dependency treatment and health care for those who will die of lung disease related to all that pot and cigarette smoking. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but mine is that I'm not going to advocate to legalize prostitution or marijuana. I have my reasons.

Source(s): chemical dependency counselor

No. It's just not politically safe for them even to talk about legalizing them. Libertarians like us don't have nearly as much clout as the morality police.