webby
webby asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

what f scott fitzgerald book!?

i would like to read something written by f scott fitzgerald,i read & enjoyed bernice bobs her hair years ago but never got round to reading more of his work,...what work of his should i read next?

Favorite Answer

This Side of Paradise was his first novel. I think it's the best of his early. Gatsby is good, but don't watch the movie beforehand. It's best told through the eyes and voice of the narrator, Nick Carraway. His last work, left unfinished, is called "The Last Tycoon," and is really good, and very different. Tender is the Night is a great read, too, but so HEAVY. I read his books in order of appearance. I also read Nancy Milford's "Zelda," the biography of Scott's wife. Broke my heart and gave me insight into the man I thought was my favorite author.

The appropriate answer would be "The Great Gatsby," which is considered by some scholars as an example of the perfect American novel. I've read all of his novels, and besides Gatsby I also liked "The Beautiful and the Damned" and "Tender is the Night." Both are novels I plan to read again some time in my life.

Below ... "The Sun Also Rises" was by Hemingway.

The Great Gatsby

Source(s): Personal experience.

Almost like you although i have loved fitz there are 2 of his short stories i have read, one is bernice and the other is Head and Shoulders which is a beautiful short story about change of dynamics in a marriage.

The Great Gatsby is a pretty famous one, I had to read it for English class years ago. There's a movie of it too, fyi.

• The Great Gatsby is really good

The great Gatsby was a great book. pay attention to the significant symbolism :)

Tender is the Night

Sorry, I'm a Stephen King fan :)

Source(s): DA