If classic literary characters and historical figures lived in 2010, do you think they'd be a "Mac" or a "PC"?

Do you think Elizabeth Bennet would use a MacBook, or opt for a Dell? Would Dolores Haze, aka “Lolita” want the bubble-gum pink Sony Vaio? I think Pablo Picasso, Dorian Gray and Mercutio would go for the iMac. Benjamin Franklin would probably select a sensible, no-frills PC desktop that he would keep for a decade... show more Do you think Elizabeth Bennet would use a MacBook, or opt for a Dell? Would Dolores Haze, aka “Lolita” want the bubble-gum pink Sony Vaio? I think Pablo Picasso, Dorian Gray and Mercutio would go for the iMac. Benjamin Franklin would probably select a sensible, no-frills PC desktop that he would keep for a decade and continuously improve upon himself.

Of course, these are just my speculations, and the point of the question is to find out what you think. So, feel free to come up with your own list of historical figures and classic literary characters, and imagine whether they’d be a “PC” or a “Mac.” You can write about your favorite characters – literary or from film or television - instead of or in addition to the classic ones.

Bonus Questions:
1. What phone would the characters / historical figures use if they were alive today? For example, would Romeo and Juliet text each other from their iPhones?
2. What websites would they bookmark?
3. What image would they use for their desktop background?
4. If they had an iPhone or another phone with apps, which ones would they use the most?
5. What would their screen names and email addresses be?
6. If Leonardo Di Vinci invented his own brand of computers, what do you think he would call it?
7. What kind of computer do *you* use, and would you recommend it to college student?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I hope those of you celebrating Labor Day have a fabulous long weekend, and that everyone else is also happy and well. : )
Update: Thank you for your fantastic answer, Kathryn W. : )
Update 2: Pragmatist ~ I now understand why you used to have Ebenezer Scrooge as your avatar picture. : ) Please don't feel like you are obliged to answer all of my questions simply because you're a contact. Your perspective on laptops and technology in general is understandably quite different than mine since... show more Pragmatist ~ I now understand why you used to have Ebenezer Scrooge as your avatar picture. : )

Please don't feel like you are obliged to answer all of my questions simply because you're a contact. Your perspective on laptops and technology in general is understandably quite different than mine since you're in your 50s and I'm in my teens. I disagree with you completely.

If Jo March, Emma Bovary, Lily Bart or Daisy Miller were real-life people who lived in modern times I do think they'd deliberate on the computer they bought, and they'd use it for more than the ordinary tasks that you do. One of my favorite characters, Thea Kronberg, would definitely favor a Mac and take advantage of Garageband and some of the other software that would help her improve her craft.

The question was about famous characters, not famous writers, and there's a tremendous difference.
Update 3: Yes, perhaps William Thackeray would have simply used a generic computer as a tool for his writing, but Becky Sharp wouldn't. As an image-conscious, materialistic young woman she would never have used an old Gateway. You were supposed to consider the personality quirks of the characters and imagine what... show more Yes, perhaps William Thackeray would have simply used a generic computer as a tool for his writing, but Becky Sharp wouldn't. As an image-conscious, materialistic young woman she would never have used an old Gateway.

You were supposed to consider the personality quirks of the characters and imagine what they'd be like living in modern society. Do you genuinely believe that the teenage and young adult characters of famous literature would share your banal view of computers if they were alive today?

Take care.