Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicJazz · 9 years ago

Who does the jazz version of Jammin' by Bob Marley?

Heard it on the radio. No idea who does it. Help?

To the first answer. No that's not it. It was more focused on the piano player.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

There was a "Jazz Tribute to Bob Marley" - The song "Jammin'" was performed by Lee Ritenour and Gerald Albright.

There may be other jazz versions. Here is the Track List w/artists that did each song on the Tribute album:

Tracklist

01. Exodus - Michael Brecker/Lisa Fischer

02. I Shot The Sheriff - Maxi Priest/Lee Ritenour

03. Get Up Stand Up - Lee Ritenour/Dave Grusin

04. No Woman No Cry - Jonathan Butler

05. Is This Love - Will Downing/Lee Ritenour

06. Redemption Song - Richard Bona/Michael Brecker

---> 07. Jamming - Gerald Albright/Lee Ritenour <-----

08. Waiting In Vain - Lee Ritenour/Maxi Priest

09. Turn Your Lights Down Low - Lisa Fischer

10. So Much Trouble - Rick Braun/Phil Perry

11. Could You Be Loved - Marc Antoine/Patti Austin

12. Stir It Up - Phil Perry

13. Get Up Stand Up - Jochem Van Der Saag/Digz (RnB version)

ADD: FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Monty Alexander, pianist on his album entitled:

Stir It Up: Music of Bob Marley - Monty Alexander

Here's the link to the site on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Stir-Up-Music-Bob-Marley/dp/...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee, I hope this is correct and what you are looking for!! :-D

P.S. I was going to write to you to check my "ADD" and saw you question about easy jobs for higher pay and little schooling.

When I went to get a bone density test, I asked the girl how long it took for her schooling and if it was a good-paying job. She told me it was a weekend course and she became certified. All she had to do was rent a space, get the equipment (yeah, that sucker probably costs a lot), but maybe you could rent one 'till you can buy one, she has a scale to record how much you weigh and that's it.

It's an open scanner. All she did was weigh me, record it in her computer, along with height, then you lay the person on their back on the open scanner and scan once. The machine automatically records the results. And that's it!

When I asked her if it was a good-paying job (and about training, etc.), she told me it was a good paying job, especially if you can find a location that doesn't cost so much. (She was right next to Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, the same building where my sports (injury-owch) doctor was. (probably still is - lol - moved from L.A. in 2005).

I think this would be an AWESOME job and you can set your own schedule. You could get referrals from other doctors, there are so many ways you could do it, but man, I was thinking of going for it then, but was still working as a Legal Secretary/Paralegal (percussion and dancing on the side).

I hope this answers that question since nobody did in your question.

Source(s): Retired Percussionist and Music Lover (and Marley Lover... er lover of Marley music)

Bob Marley.

• Paul

Grover Washington,Jr - Jammin' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF6HFysWr8

Youtube thumbnail