Pokemon Soul Silver: Good Team For PVP?

Ok so I got Pokemon Soul Silver and I wanted to know Whta pokemon team for competetive battles should I use.

Here's my Team so far:

Garchomp: LVL 56

Nature: Quite

Moves: Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Crunch, and Dragon claw

Item: Dragon Fang

Dragonite: LVL 56

Nature: Bold

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Fly, Draco meteor, and Thunder (trying to get thunder punch right now)

Charizard: LVL 54

Nature: Quiet

Moves: Flamethrower, Overheart, Blastburn, and Rocksmash (notreally happy about this but I need it, I'll change it later)

Now thats the end of my Good Pokemon

Here's my pokemon in progress:

Blissey: LVL 37

Nature: Timid

Moves: Softboiled, Lightscreen, Sing (I'm thinking of teaching it Ice beam, keeping softboiled, for sure)

Im not so sure about keepingmy blissey or just breeding and making a better one.

Larvitar: LVL 20

Nature:Docile

Moves: Sandstorm, Screech, Rock Slide,and Scary Face (It's upolished so thats why It has bad moves.

Snorlax: LVL 51

Nature: Naive

Moves: Hyper Beam, Rollout, Crunch, and Giga Impact

Blastoise: LVL 49

Nature: Modest

Moves: Skull Bash, Surf, Aqua Tail, and Bite

Togepi: LVL 8

Nature: Bashful

Moves: Growl, Charm, Safeguard, and Metronome

I have a shiny stone but I'm not sure if I should get togekiss though

I also have a growlithe LVL 30

Nature: Brave

Moves: Ember, Leer, Odor Sleuth, and Take Down, Its unpolished too I also have a fire stone

But the pokemon I realy want is a Chimchar Male I don't really care what lvl and the problem is that you need Diamond or pearl, and I lost my diamond so I can't transfer.

Ok, so I'm deciding to start from scratch and stuff, now I just need to know what pokemon I should use, any suggestions, what pokemon should I keep, and what should I add?

Favorite Answer

Ok sorry dude but this team is not very good at all. First off Garchomp is banned in competitive play because its kinda of an uber.

ALSO your movesets are really bad. For instance your Dragonite has all special attack moves when it has a really high attack! why would you waste a good pokemon?! teach it physical moves if you want it to suceed. Also def teach it dragon dance.

Your Charizard is eh. At least you have all special attakcs except rock smash which you are gonna get rid of so that doesnt matter. I would get rid of blast burn because in competitive play youd get destroyed if you take a turn to recharge. I'm sure you can work out something with him. DEF HAVE A MOVE TO GET RID OF ROCK TYPES cuz they destroy charizards.

I dont really like blisseys because of the fact their defense sucks BUT if your opponent has a special sweeper its a good pokemon to use so its worth giving it a try :)

and OMGGG! GET THAT TYRANITAR ! although you might ....no you want to, breed it with dragon dance. tyrantitar is beast

and togekiss eh i wouldnt use it

and arcanie would be a great addition to your team but make sure you EV that speed cuz my tyranitar that i have is faster then some arcanie's and thats not good...for the arcanie that is lol

Glad to help dude and if you need anymore help email me tellmemore92@yahoo.com :)

Source(s): experienced pokemon trainer :)

Parts of this team are okay, but a lot of it is just poor. First of all, unless you have a specific reason don't give a pokemon two moves of the same type, and secondly, try not to mix pokemon with physical or specially based stats. Without getting new pokemon, trying to change movesets too much or bothering with evs, here are my suggestions: Charizard(choice specs) -flamethrower -air slash -focus blast -dragon pulse Pikachu (light ball) -volt tackle -iron tail(probably the best you can get unless you happen to have a decent hidden power) -Substitute -focus punch Flygon(choice scarf) -Outrage -Earthquake -U-turn -dragon claw Blastoise(leftovers) -Focus Blast -surf -rapid spin(rest if you're not planning on using the team against other people) -ice beam Leafeon -leaf blade -swords dance -X-scissor -Synthesis Mew -psychic -aura sphere -shadow ball -transform(no mew set is complete without it!) Hopefully my advice helps. P.S. You have a mew?! If it's legit, you don't happen to have a spare lying around...

Ok, first Garchomp is an uber its banned from standard play. Second ur pokemon have bad natures, movesets. and they look like they are from in-game status. I'd say that you start a team from scratch since does pokemon won't get you anywhere in competitive battles

Tips:

Ev train your pokemon

Iv Breed Them

go to smogon.com they have the best competitive pokemon sets.

Google both of them since explaining this is pretty hard

Keep charizard Garchomp Blissey, Blastoise, snorlax togepi ,and dragonite. you can remove larvitar and growlithe. But you still need to get you pokemon up to 65 or above to win competetive battles.

Those Pokémon really wouldn't be good for competitive play. If you want to learn more about competitive play, I would suggest going to http://www.smogon.com/. You can learn a whole lot about natures, IVs, EVs, and competitive play there.

Your team is pretty good, but most of your natures are really bad. For instance, Dragonite's nature raises defense and lowers atack, its best stat. For good natures, go to

http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/