List of Physican's Assistans to shadow?

Hello!

I am currently applying to Physician's Assistant programs in state and out of state and I was wondering if anyone can help me find a list of PAs who allow shadowing. I live in Chicago, Illinois and have been searching online using the IAPA (Illinois Association of PAs) but haven't seen any links that direct me to lists of PAs who allow shadowing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

In pharmacy school we also had to do shadowing and I have done some shadowing on my own as well. Typically, you have to find your own person to shadow. You can try calling hospitals in the area and asking if they allow students to shadow physician assistants. If so, they can set you up with whatever is needed and arrange the visit. You could also call some doctors' offices and ask if they have physician assistants at their practice. It may take a lot of phone calls, but don't give up! I had a hard time finding shadowing experiences when I was in pharmacy school so I wish you the best of luck. It's definitely worth it, though. You could also ask your school if they can hook you up with a PA in the area - perhaps an alumnus or something.

Source(s): pharmacist