Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

Do I have leukemia/lymphoma?

I'm aware no one here is a doctor, I have an appointment Tuesday.

I'm wondering, do you think I have leukemia or lymphoma?

For the past couple weeks, I've had a temperature ranging from 99-100, (Not too often 100) as well as petechiae (little red dots) popping up on my body. Some I've had for a long time, and seem to be permanent, but I think some are new. Also, the lymph nodes in my neck, front and back, I can feel and move around. The only symptoms I feel I have are fatigue and lightheadedness upon standing, almost always just after I stand from laying down.

I ate Taco Bell 45 minutes ago and checked my blood just now. 162. Apparently, that's normal, but I noticed my blood was really thin/runny. However, it still clotted quite quickly - about 2 minutes.

Should I be worried about leukemia or lymphoma? I don't have any other symptoms - I don't THINK. I'm worried because I had a cousin who in his early 20's died of them both in 2000, I believe.

Thanks.

BTW, I'm 19.

My lymph nodes feel... all messed up... I have a few that feel very rather large that move a lot and are firm-ish and rubbery on my neck. As well as a group that feel matted and very hard near my spine on my neck too... it's really rather scary...

Favorite Answer

I am a survivor of non-Hodgkins lymphoma and also work for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; Desert Mtn. States Chapter. I teach children about blood cancer and raise money for research, better treatments, and patient services.I've been in remission only a year and a half.

I also felt the fatigue before I was diagnosed, but I did not experience the swollen lymph nodes like you mention. Instead it took observational surgery to find a lemon sized tumor attached between my colon and small intestine. They took out 4 lbs of my insides. I also had the bruising, but I'm a clumsy girl to begin with, so I thought nothing of it.

The only thing that is going to solve your inquiry is a blood test. If your white blood counts are low or if your platelets are low, that's when you need to worry, but until you get a doctor's analysis, you're just going to drive yourself crazy. Turn your brain off and worry about it later. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift and that's why they call it Present. You're wasting your time worrying about something that, at this point, you can do absolutely nothing about. Cancer strikes all ages and all races. Don't trade away today for worrying about tomorrow.

PS Cancer is not hereditary

Hi there

Its hard to say what it is you exactly have, people get swollen lymph nodes all the time from infections, some lymphoma patients describe there swollen lymph nodes as, painless, rubbery lumps, it would be useful to know if this is how your own lymph nodes feel.

The only way you are really going to know what is going on is when you get the appropriate testing for these two diseases. So I wish you the best of luck and I hope all go's well at your appointment.

Source(s): med student

you will have to just find out from the doctor to be completely sure...i certainly hope you don't, and i wish you all the best!!!!!!!! :)