One out of every how many people become felons?

• drdr
    Favorite Answer

Based on then current incarceration rates, about 32% of Black males will be imprisoned during their lifetime, along with 5.9% of White males (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2007). In 2005, one victim and one offender homicides were mostly intraracial, about 93% for Black victims (with 49% of all homicide victims being Black) and 85% for white victims (Harrell, 2007). Black offenders accounted for more than 50% of the offenders arrested for murder and non-negligent manslaughter (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009).

• 55555

Depends on race, gender and socio-economic status. Black male = 1 out of 4 (or 3, in my experience) white male = (I'm guessing here) 1 out of 8, women = even smaller ratio. Don't start looking into these statisics. It's just depressing. I did and it made me realize that there is no justice in this world and America isn't as free as we all would love to believe.