AP Statistics vs. AP Calculus AB?

I'm a senior this year. I'm currently clueless in the first sections of the Larson's Calculus book, and this is just the beginning of the year. I plan to major in Economics/Business Management.

Should i stay in AP Calculus (will the class make more sense later?) or should i switch to AP Statistics (i've missed 2 weeks of material due to me being in Calc). Which will be more usefull for me to get into college/for my degree plan? Which course looks more rigorous to college admissions?

Favorite Answer

AP Calculus is generally more rigorous than AP Stats, and colleges will know that. Calc will get you farther ahead because it is the harder class, leaving you to take the easier one in college (this will lighten your load a tiny bit!). Even if you don't get a high score on your AP test and won't get credit for it in college, you'll at least be familiar with the material when you take the class again in college.

• Risky

Definitely AP calculus. No not under any circumstances change.