Which mac laptop is the best? Macbook, Macbook pro, or Macbook air?

please help me (: im planning to get a new laptop

Favorite Answer

One answer on here is way beyond wrong on the warranty. Here is a link to the AppleCare Plan that is what they call their Warranty. There is a graphic showing you a very quick reference to their AppleCare Plan (ACP). http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

Now I gave another answer on here thumbs up its a good one and easy to understand. Macbook Air is good for the traveler and you will need another computer such as IMAC or Macbook etc. To help you install things because it has limited Ports and No CD/DVD ROM at all. I would Not recommend buying a Macbook Air or as some call it MacAir.

Macbook is meant more for general usage and many of them will play most of the 860 games now that Apple offers for the computers. Some are brand new games some are from a few years back and they are waiting on a newer version of those games. All of the Mac computers will play web based games, do messengers, email via the Mail aka Mac Mail, and do research such as what car to buy what movies are playing etc.

Macbook Pro does it a lot faster and does a lot more. All of them will run many Applications at the same time. I had Safari open with 19 tabs and Firefox open with 27 tabs and had Netscape open with 4 tabs, along with Yahoo Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger and iChat. I was reading articles and looking up things for my sisters and for my mom. Alone with talking with family, friends, and colleagues at work. Figured since the computer is not having and issue with any of this and this was being done on the IMAC bought in 2006. I know that the new Mac's running the Intel i-series will do at least the same things.

Yes their are malware for OS X 40 of them. There are malware for Windows over 1 Million of them.

You can run use MS Office 2008 for Mac and they are offering a free upgrade to MS Office 2011 for Mac. That offer is through Microsoft not through Apple. Remember if using for College you can get a discount on certain models of their Macintosh computers. There is no blueray player for the Macintosh computers so if that is a deal breaker then look no further.

General tip yes Macintosh OS X lets you do a right click. Yes their are short cut commands to Macintosh computers OS just like their is for Windows OS. With OS X its Command+V and Command+C instead of Cntrl+V and Cntrl+C. There are many more commands that you can do and remember to stop and App from running you will do Command+Q which Quits the App.

What are you using it for?

1. School/College

2. General usage - email, messengers, job searches, web based games, and research.

3. Gaming

4. Work from home - remote IT, Sales positions (being on the road/flying to other countries) etc.

5. All the above.

Remember to pick best answer, thanks!

Yes I own IMAC, Macbook Pro, Win7, XP Pro, and Windows 2000 Pro.

Source(s): Personal and Work experience in many types of hardware for LAN/WLAN, WiFi, Telephony, Operating Systems - Windows 3.1.1 to Win7, Mac OS 6.7 to 10.5.x (OS X), and some cellular devices and some basic knowledge of gaming systems (such as Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, and PS3). CISCO, Linksys, Netgear, 2Wire, Motorola, Airport BaseStation, Airport Extreme, and several more.

The MacBook Pro is better than the MacBook. The MacBook is better than the Air. Each has its own use for which it is better. The MacBook Pro is better if you do a lot of video & photography and want a well made laptop with an SD card reader, lighted keyboard and firewire port. If you don't need those & want an entry level Mac, then get the MacBook. It's a great general purpose laptop. The MacBook Air is designed for the frequent traveler who has another Mac for the "heavy" work. The Air has no optical drive & minimal inputs & outputs. It's main advantage is its lightweight.

Whether a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air is "best" for you depends on your needs. You ultimately will have to decide if price, performance or weight, respectively, are most important to you.

An in-depth comparison of the entry-level MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air may be useful for you to decide:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/...

Hope this helps!

The Air is garbage. The Pro is better than the regular Macbook.

MacBook Pro is the best (hence its the Pro)

The MacBook Air is junk

• These days the computer doesn't make a difference. They all run and use the same software.

Think more about support. It is still a windows world 90% of computers use windows. Therefore, there are tons of people around to help you if something goes wrong. With Macs, you have to keep buying support in 3 mos blocks and there are not a lot of people out there you can just turn to for help. Try it within the people you know. Most of the PC/windows manufacturers give you 2-3 years support at purchase. All computers breakdown eventually including macs and macs do get viruses as well.

I would suggest Apple MacBook MC207LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop

I have used this product and it performs really well I would definitely suggest

Apple MacBook MC207LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop

*Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging

*2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed

*250GB Hard Drive, 8x Double-layer SuperDrive, 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

*13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors

*Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, up to 7 Hours of Battery Life

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC207LL-13-3-I...

Also check out at Ebay there are really good deals going

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?...

I would agree with above the air is rubbish and i would recommend the macbook pro.

However if you travel around alot get the air, its lighter. :S

i have the macbook pro and like it ;)

Umm... neither. If you really want to spend that much money get an Alienware m17x, you won't be disappointed.