Quick idea of reverse mortgage?

I know I need to talk to a bank about this, but trying to get a quick idea about how a reverse mortgage would work for my mother-in-law who wants to sell her 2-story house and buy something manageable. Trying to figure out some way she can afford this. 1) Can you a reverse mortgage on a house where you dont own... show more I know I need to talk to a bank about this, but trying to get a quick idea about how a reverse mortgage would work for my mother-in-law who wants to sell her 2-story house and buy something manageable. Trying to figure out some way she can afford this.

1) Can you a reverse mortgage on a house where you dont own the land? She wants a pre-fab in a retirement community where you rent the land.
2) About how much could she get monthly for a reverse mortgage on a $100k house. I'm sure it depends on many things. She is 83 and is in good health. Any estimate what so ever? Range?

Thanks for any help!
1 answer 1