NYC POLICE OFFICER QUESTION??(OFFICERS ONLY OR PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP)?

I WAS DRIVING IN BROOKLYN AND GOT PULLED OVER AND THE OFFICER TOOK MY INFORMATION. WHEN HE CAME BACK TO THE CAR AND TOLD ME THAT I WAS GETTING LOCKED UP FOR UNPAID TICKETS.I TOLD THE OFFICER THAT I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A TICKET IN THE STATE OF NYC. HE TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TICKETS THAT ARE COMING BACK IN MY NAME. SO THEY LOCKED ME UP AND IN 5 HOURS THEY LET ME GO AND TOLD ME I HAD TO GO TO COUNT AND I NEED TO GO TO DMV. I WASN'T ABLE TO GO TO THE DMV BECAUSE I HAD TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE(P.S I WAS ON VACATION I LIVE IN VA BUT AM FROM NYC BUT HARDLY COME BACK) SO I CALLED THE 1800 NUMBER AND HEY TOLD ME WHAT AND THE DATES OF THESE TICKETS THAT WAS IN MY NAME. ONE WAS FOR NO SEAT BELT AND THE OTHER WAS FOR NOT HAVING AN ID. THE DATE AND TIME OF THE TICKETS STOOD OUT TO ME BECAUSE I WAS IN SCHOOL TAKING AN EXAM. I HAD 4 CLASSES THAT DAY .

SHOULD I JUST GET MY TEACHERS TO WRITE A LETTER STATING THAT I WAS TAKING MY EXAM AND MY BEST FRIEND WHO I DROVE TO SCHOOL WITH EVERYDAY SAYING WE DROVE TO SCHOOL THAT DAY.AND BRING THAT TO COUNT WITH A LISTING OF MY CLASSES AND THE TIMES I WENT TO THEM???

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?? I THINK MY SISTER WHO I DON'T TALK TO ANYMORE GAVE THEM MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER BECAUSE SHE DID THIS TO ME IN VA BUT I DIDN'T FILE CHARGERS AGAINST HER BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE A LICENSE AND SHE WAS CRYING FOR ME NOT TO SO I WENT AND JUST PAID THE TICKET.BUT I CANT ASK MY SISTER IF SHE DID IT BECAUSE SHE NO LONGER TALKS TO ME BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T PAY 8 MONTHS OF RENT IN A APARTMENT I GOT IN MY NAME FOR HER AND I THROW HER STUFF OUT.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? JUST BRING MY PROOF WITH ME TO THE COUNT OR WHAT???

EVERYTHING ON THE TICKET WAS IN MY NAME AND ADDRESS BUT I NEVER GOT ANYTHING SENT TO MY HOUSE FROM NYC SAYING TO PAY A TICKET.... BUT I DID SAY NO ID GIVEN

NOPE @ BRUCE .. JUST HAD ALL MY BASIC INFO.. EVEN THO THAT SEEMS WEIRD TO ME BECAUSE THE ONLY PERSON WHO SIGNED WAS THE OFFICER. I ASKED THE DMV THE SAME QUESTION. SOMEONE SAID THAT IN NYC IF U CANT SHOW PROPER ID TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF THEY LOCK YOU UP UNTIL SOMEONE CAN COME PROVE YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE..BUT IDK CUZ AM NEVER IN NYC TO KNOW LAWS

• Bruce
    Favorite Answer

I doubt a letter from your teacher will help, you should take care of this in person.

Tell them it was your sister. Perhaps the took fingerprints, a photograph, or had her sign for the tickets. They will also have information on the car she was driving, which can help prove your innocence. They will review the paperwork and tell you what you need to do to clear your name.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991

Get a lawyer. If it's not all resolved correctly it will mess you up for a long time.

And stop yelling.

BRING ALL YOUR PROOF TO COURT! TEACHER STATEMENTS,TIMES & DATES! ALSO SEE WHO'S INFO WAS PUT ON THE TICKETS TO PROVE IT WASN'T YOU!

yes have your teatchers wright a letter