what are good techniques to quickly memorize vocab?

I have a test friday on phobias, and the last one i did absolutely horrible on, and i want to change that on this one, so what can i do to help me memorize the various phobias that i have to memorize quickly and accurately?

Favorite Answer

4 square should help you memorize the vocabulary quickly. Draw a four square and then watchu do with the squares is the following things:

(1st Square)Word Definition In Your Own Words (2nd Square) Image for your word

(3rd Square)Synonyms And Antonyms (4th square)Sentence Of The Word

This might help you 'cause this is what I used to memorize all the vocabulary words!

Oh wait, did you just mean to memorize the words or the meanings of it too ? If you need to memorize the meanings of it then use the above to do it.

Associate each word with something. Like, acousticophobia means 'fear of noise', and you could remember that because the word 'acousticophobia' has the word 'acoustic' in it. I know a lot of phobias dont contain such clues in them, so try to find some association.

i hope this helps a little. good luck, you can do it! :)

Draw a funny picture for each one. I did it for all of my vocabulary in English classes...

For example, condescending (although that's a common word, I doubt anybody doesn't know what it means):

Two people are standing in a coffee shop, one employee and one customer. "A Frappuccino, please."

The employee, frowning, says "This isn't Starbucks."