Which book should I read for 10th grade English?

I have to choose one of these for 10th grade English class:

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

The Hot Zone by Richard Preston

Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros

Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers

The Great Tree of Avalon: The Child of the Dark Prophecy by T. A. Barron

Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Asgedom

Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman by Ernest J. Gaines

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper

I'd like to know a little about what each one is about, if you know, and which one you think I should read. Which one is the most interesting and easiest to understand? I know Jane Eyre and Great Expectations are classic books, are they hard to read (like they are written in old english right)?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I liked A Separate Peace. It is about this guy named Gene whose friend Finny dies. I personally believe Gene killed Finny. It's kinda like a coming-of-age story.

Jane Eyre is good. It is not written in Old English. It was wrote by a woman, obviously, when women did not write. It is kind of a romantic story, so you might or might not be into that.

Great Expectations is good too. It is not written in Old English either. None of the ones you listed are Old English. Jane Eyre and Great Expectations are probably the oldest books on the list, but that doesn't make them harder to read.

No. Great Expectations is not in "Old English." Beowulf is written in Old English.

Read Their Eyes Were Watching God. That book changed my life.

I liked Jane Eyre best

"Their Eyes Were Watching God" would be my recommendation. It's a lot easier to read than some of the others. Very good novel too.

• ?

The Gathering Storm

i like to say this book is very good in quality.i think you will like this book.

…...........................

http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Storm-Wheel-Time-B...

….....................

I would like to say you can check out at ebay there are good books available.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?...