Why does media ignore terrorist attacks against Israel, but publicly condemn Israel for defending citizens?

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.as...

Four Israelis were killed Tuesday night in a shooting attack in the West Bank believed to have been aimed at torpedoing the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, set to kick off on Wednesday in Washington.

“This is a very grave incident,” Barak said. “The IDF and Israeli security forces will do everything they can to capture the murderers.

“Israel will not allow terrorists to lift their heads and will exact a price from the murderers and those who sent them. This is likely an attempt by terrorist lowlifes to stymie the diplomatic process and to hurt the chances of the talks opening in Washington

“Unfortunately it has once again been proven that while we are working to find ways to advance peace and coexistence, there are those who will continue trying to commit acts of terror and murdering innocents,” Shalom said.

“Now it is clearer than ever that the real obstacles to peace are terror and the extremists who would do anything to inflame the entire region. The PA must fulfill its obligations in the territories.”

Chin: Exactly. I had the honor of visiting Israel in May and I was amazed at how open Israel is to her enemies from the golan heights.

Best Answer

Although the Arab/Israeli conflict is definitely in a class by itself in terms of how all reason breaks down in arguments over it compared with other conflicts around the world (anti-Israeli propaganda is often white-hot in terms of its intensity, and in numerous cases filled with virulently anti-Jewish conspiracy theories that the Nazis would have loved), I would like to put greater focus in my response on more general factors.

One thing you can count on from the "mainstream" media is this - because of their biases, they tend to celebrate non-Westerners in conflict with Western (or more Western) cultures, and their general bias against Israel is a major part of this tendency. But there is more than that involved. Much of the problem, at least with regard to television news, concerns what can and cannot be presented in that medium. Israel, because it has the most open press in the Middle East, is inevitably more open for criticism by those who are not in fact able to credibly cover the Arab world, where the media is heavily censored. That is one reason why the media can make a huge sensation about, say, about a dozen or so Arabs killed in Israel while rioting while hardly even noticing (if they even notice it at all) hundreds, if not thousands, of Arabs being killed by repressive measures in Arab countries. What these two factors combined do is very dangerous indeed: they effectively leave major human rights violators off the hook, while rendering more democratic societies more prone to being undermined from within.

• Golfer

Muslims are Libs/socialist

Media are Libs /socialist

Israelis are a free society and believe in a living God not an idol.

Muslims hate capitalism

Media hates Capitalism

Israelis believe in prosperity

Muslims believe they are entitled from the government

The media thinks that people are entitled to receive from the government

Israelis rely upon God and not the Government to meet their needs.

So my answer to your question is the Muslims and the media think alike so they get the media support.

The funny thing is the Muslims say they a descendent's of Abraham yet they are the ones who changed Gods.

Allah is the God of the Sun (Gold dome) Moon (1/4 moon) and starts of Baal.

• Chin T

Because people like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia are members of the G7 and his nephew Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal owns a lot of the media on EVERY side.

Alwaleed Bin Talal's mother is Lebanese If you know where Lebanon is than you realize it borders Israel. Bin Talal is being groomed to become the governor of Lebanon, he would like nothing better that to annex Israel. Hence the push to force the US to accept things like the Mosque and the many other Mosques around this and every other western country. And the push against what they are calling Islamaphobia, in order to make it politically correct to support Israel's enemies.

Having worked in or near media for many years I have to say it is a result of arrogance blended with ignorance on the part of those who report, write and edit the news.

My introduction to media was more or less typical of how it's done these days. I started working in a radio station at age 16. I went on to college and majored in radio journalism. Afterward I went into military service and worked as a broadcaster and a public affairs officer. Then I left the service and went into civilian occupations that ended up with me splitting my time between a full-time civil service job as a public affairs specialist and a part time job as a radio news reporter and anchor. Most of today's media people go through college and move on to media jobs with little preparation than exposure to the very liberal thinking found on most university campuses.

In the "old days" 50 or 60 years ago, the typical reporter went directly into the media, usually working as a copy runner or proofreader before graduating to reporting. A few had college degrees, but most were not journalism majors. They learned their trade "on the street" and in the newsroom. These tended to be more conservative than today's journalists.

Today's media tends to be liberal because most of its writers and editors are liberal. They are liberal because that is all they know. It is hard for a journalist who doesn't know how to dig for facts to delve beneath a line of propaganda put out by self-serving people who hate Israel and all it stands for. They highlight the actions by the Israelis because that is what they want to see and that is what they see.

These are the same people who condemn America for standing up against imperialist Communism, who engineered the defeat of South Vietnam and who backed Barack Obama over John McCain and John McCain over more conservative Republicans. These are the same people who pecked George W. Bush to pieces and who ignore his bumbling successor.

Sadly, they believe what they do is in the name of a worthy cause.

There are a few people in the media who see through the liberal veneer and will find and report the facts. I'd like to think that I was one of those until I was laid off from my last radio job two years ago.

• Because the media, like obama and the libs, care nothing for Peace and Freedom and are a greater danger to the Country than terrorists and illegals

Israel is the key. In time everyone will be against Israel for reasons that don't make any sense.

Israel is home to God's chosen people...

• molly

We should also remember Yitzhak Rabin who was killed by one of his own to derail his peace talks.

So really we don't know who did what but should acknowledge there is wrong on both sides.

We should also remember that the IRA supported Hamas and they had their peace progress derailed when a renegade faction bombed Omagh.

Because it doesn't make for good television.

• RLP

To give you an answer would mean that I understand their demented thinking...and I don't.

Because they are biased on countless levels.