Can I buy any cellphone and just put my SIM card card in. Will it work?

I have a pre paid phone. I have tracfone. I want a Samsung Reality, but Verizon sell it for there pre paid phones. I don't want to change company's, because I like the plan I have. I don't like any of the other company's pre paid plans. I can't check email, and put things on facebook with the... show more I have a pre paid phone. I have tracfone. I want a Samsung Reality, but Verizon sell it for there pre paid phones. I don't want to change company's, because I like the plan I have. I don't like any of the other company's pre paid plans. I can't check email, and put things on facebook with the phone I have. The one I want I can do that. I just want to know if I buy the phone, can I just put my SIM card in and it will work. They sell the phones at Target. This way I don't have to go to the Verizon store to get it.