Is there anything I can eat/drink to prevent a stomach ache before drinking alcoholic beverages?

I wanted to know what i should do before i drink alcoholic beverages to help prevent a stomach ache after. my mother told me to drink cooking oil.... i wonder if that really works? what do you do to help prevent tummy ache hang overs?

Best Answer

through experience i have found that it is best if you eat food that really soaks up the alcohol, for example - bread, rice, or pasta and yes apparently oil is very good because it creates a layer between your organs and the drink.

good luck xxx

• Mel

With me I can not eat before I drink. I drink on an empty stomach otherwise I throw all the food back up. I think though try eating while your drinking like peanuts and crisps. Anything heavy on the stomach will absorb the alcohol more but if you are getting stomache ach while drinking then drinking is prob not very good for you.

• reinke

There are 2 issues that artwork for me till now I even have alcohol or consume especially spiced meals a million. a million tb spoon of ghee OR 2. consume a uncooked tomato i've got faith what my well being care provider pal advised me is that it types a shielding layer interior the tummy and does not enable the especially spiced meals to attack the leyers interior the tummy. This even prevents acidity.