Dobby.
Dobby. asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Best Dumbledore: Richard Harris or Michael Gambon?

I personally think Richard Harris was absolutely perfect for the role. I was so sad when he passed. :( I think Michael Gambon is good, but he put me off when i read somewhere that he hasnt read any of the books, and that ''he just says whats in the script''.

Lovelovelove the books.

I actually think im addicted...

WOO!

What do you think??

I do love Gambon as Dumbledore.. he's the best person right now to play him... I liked Harris though. :))

Heyyy, Buddy Love!

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN WHY CLICK ON A QUESTION ABOUT IT??

Whatta cheesecake.

Favorite Answer

Richard Harris definitely. He is how I imagined Dumbledore would look like when I read the books. I don't know if anyone thinks the same way but I thought that Michael Gambon's Dumbledore seemed angry all the time. His Dumbledore was so moody in the Goblet of Fire and the Order of the Phoenix. Michael Gambon's best performance was by far in the Half Blood Prince as they toned his character down, maybe because the character was going to die.

Richard Harris by far, though I wonder if he would have been agile enough for some of the later scenes. Gambon is sometimes bad-tempered and even violent, totally unlike JKR's Dumbledore. And why on earth was he dressed throughout in that dowdy lilac dress like some paunchy maiden aunt? JKR makes it clear Dumbledore is quite a dandy, & Harris's costumes show that to perfection. Whose absurd idea was it to make the change?

Definitely Richard Harris. He embodied all the little things about Dumbledore that I love... Gambon seems to be lacking in the the "childlike" and "sense of humor" aspects... but I can't think of anyone else who could possibly play the part, and I'm learning to appreciate what he brings to the movies.

I think Michael Gambon is better for the role. He sounds more wise and serious, whereas Richard Harris sounded very weak every time he spoke so I couldn't really imagine him fighting Voldemort like in the fifth book. I also thought Gambon's Dumbledore had a better costume.

I like them both in a way. i would have preferred Richard Harris because I think he did a wonderful job, but Michael Gambon brings Dumbledore that very unusual quirkiness hidden wisdom that Rowling was describing him in the books in my opinion. Richard gave a very trusting and calming attitude about Dumbledore.

Harris

Richard Harris.

@Buddy Love: Seriously, be mature and shut up if you don't like a question. You don't need to run your mouth at everything.

none

harry potter isnt good enough to wipe my a ss with it