Environmental Help! Which major to pursue if im intrested in Resource Management and sustainbility?

Im interested in helping the environment. As I read all jobs included, I realized it’s divided into 3 sections.

Section A: Environmental Protection

>> Air quality

>> Water Quality

>> Site Assessment & reclamation

>> Waste Management

>> Health & safety

Section B: Resource Management

>> Energy

>> Fisheries & wildlife

>> Natural Resource Management

Section C: Environmental Sustainability

>> Education & training

>> Research & Development

>> Policy and Legislation

>> Communications & public Awareness

And a common factor between all is Environmental Manager

Mostly I’m interested in Section B (Resource Management) and C (Environmental Sustainability) and Environmental Manager.

Which major should I study? Environmental Engineering? If not, then which major?

would an Environmental Major help me? What about an Industrial Engineeirng Major?

Thank you so much.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It really depends on which school you go to since each school packages its majors differently.

Definitely, environmental engineering would be like your major and then take say energy as a minor.

Some school let you start as a civil engineer and then you can major in Water and have a minor say in fisheries.

You might also be able to achieve some of the qualifications using certifications, e,.g have a BSc in environmental eng, major in Energy, Minor in Fisheries and have a cert in natural resource management.

There is a lot of flexibility depending on the school you attend.

• 4 years ago

The be conscious itself is the main. Sustainability presumes something or products could be created indefinitely. it fairly is fairly of a misnomer until you delve into quantum physics. The environmental physique of techniques is to analyze how lots power is had to offer something and then if this is recycled upload fin merchandise. The administration element is to calculate each and all of the variables and notice if this is created with the smallest quantity of power. it is likewise regarded how the human power enter is had to affix the approach ie. labour calculations. alongside the line of this action/reaction (Newtonian physics) there will be losses. regrettably by way of fact we live in a exceptionally political society, interventions happens the two for the convenience of the full or in all likelihood on uncommon activities to the main suitable solid for all! A sustainable source supervisor needs to be qualified in diverse the actual sciences, plus magnificent workers qualifications. she or he might desire to fulfill the needs and prerequisites of employment of the board of governors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.