How can I download LIVE streaming video to my Mac?

I'm working on an electronic media studio project (educational purposes), and want to use footage from the Home Shopping Network and ShopNBC. They have plenty of video on their sites, but I can't seem to rip it using KeepVid because it can't find the video. Help?

Favorite Answer

You're probably on questionable legal ground doing so, and the video streams are probably copy protected to prevent someone from doing this. This might fall under fair use, but unless you're a lawyer or know one, it's risky to use this type of material without permission.

You could record the video on your TV using a VCR or DVD-R and then rip it to your computer or use a TV capture card.

You might have better luck with video from a PBS affiliate or something that's public domain.

Umm yeah, you need Windows 7 + TV Tuner to download live streaming video. You could try a screen recorder but that would decrease the video quality. Also, you could try ripping videos off of YouTube.