Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

What are your thoughts on the WWE planning to unify their titles?

Credit: F4WOnline.com

WWE will be holding a Unification match for the Divas and Women’s Titles at Night of Champions. The talk Monday was that WWE is planning to unify all the titles in the next year and have one World Title, one Tag Team Title, one Intercontinental/US Title and one Women’s Title. The idea would be to do the WWE and World Title Unification match at Wrestlemania 27.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Heres a blog post i recently wrote about this. You can check out more interesting and opinionated blog posts at:http://totalyawesomeblog.wordpress.com

So the rumors are true that WWE will be Unifying all WWE Titles by Wrestlemania 27. This includes the WWE Championship, World Heavyweight CHampionship, The U.S Championship, The Intercontinental Championship and The Women’s Championship which you saw will happen at NOC 2010. The question is why WWE? Why?. This is both a stupid and interesting move for WWE.

Why? Unify all WWE title when you have 2 separate brands. Of Course the WWE Championship will be unified with the World Heavyweight championship, The Diva’s Championship with the Women’s championship, and The Intercontinental Championship with the U.S Championship. I’m hoping that WWE doesn’t cut out the name of the intercontinental championship because thats like the one title name you cant change. Its been around since 1979 with Pat Patterson being the creator and first Intercontinental Champion. It’s the most prestigious title in WWE and at one time was higher in the rankings then the WWE Championship.

This is insane! I can see WWE how WWE wanted to unify the WWE Tag team Championships but not every other championship. You have two separate brands and both need a champion for each brand. Unless WWE is going back to its original way when Smackdown first Started and Smackdown shared all titles with Raw and Shared the Raw Roster too. Now in my opinion that would be awesome. Vince did say that he has major plans for smackdown when it comes to SyFy on October 1st.

In 2002 WWE’s roster doubled in size due to WWE acquiring WCW and ECW. A Brand Extension was made dividing up the roster into the two brands, Smackdown and Raw. WWE assigned a figurehead to each show and created the WWE Undisputed Championship. The WWE Undisputed championship wasn’t affiliated with either program and instead any wrestler from any brand can challenge for the title. Brock Lesnar who was the CHampion at the time was contracted to Smackdown leaving Raw without a champion and thats when Raw brought back the World Heavyweight Championship. Only 6 men have held the WWE undisputed Championship with Chris Jericho being the first.

This is the move WWE is going to do. So both brands can compete and bring some major names to Smackdown once in awhile so that Smackdown can get bigger ratings like they used to do when it first started. The PPV’s are already unified so why not unify all titles. The again this is a stupid move on WWE because they might have a major problem with not all stars getting a title shot. WWE’s gotta get this right in order for it to work.

We’ll just have to see how WWE handles this situation and if its successful. Wrestlemania 27 looks to be a good PPV so far and hopefully we see a great unified title match between two big stars.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I reead the same thing that WWE will have 1 world, 1 IC/US title, 1 tag team title and 1 women/divas title after WM27.

They already unified the tag team championships and that is probably the best thing they've done because there are not much tag teams in WWE. Same thing about divas, not much divas, so 1 diva for champion sounds nice.

I also like the idea for 1 world and 1 IC champion, 4 championships are easier to win than 2, so that should bring more action.

• 1 decade ago

it makes sense for the Tag and Divas/womens because those divisions have always been week

the Main event and Mid cards are Strong with great depth to all 4 title pictures... yes, on occasiona either teh US or IC picture thins out... but never for very long... all 4 mens singles belts right now could easily put on a 6 pack Challenge... and MAYBE you'd have 1 -2 guys between all 4 matches that doesn't "belong"

WWE: Sheamus, Barrett, Edge, Jericho, Cena. Orton

WHC: Taker, Kane, Rey, Punk, Show, Swagger

US -- Miz, Bryan, Morrision, Truth, DiBiase, Bourne

IC-- Ziggler, Matt, Christian, Drew, Cody, Kofi

thats easily depth of Roster.. not to mention MVP, the NXT 2 winner and countless others

• 1 decade ago

It makes total sense for WWE to unify all the mid-card titles, since they take a back seat anyway, but with the world titles I don't get it, so that means when they have the unification match the winner will be on both shows, I don't think it is a good idea to for WWE to bring back the Undisputed Championship.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Huffy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In a way, it's kinda dumb. i mean the tag titles i can see happening. Yes, the roster size doubled during the WCW/ECW buyout. But, over the last few years due to the economy downfall they had to let go a lot of big talent in certain areas( tag division, divas' division and so on) leaving superstars with less credibility to try and hype up their area of expertise. So, if they are planning on allowing both brands to compete on one show again i don't see why they are doing this.

• 1 decade ago

hmmmm it will be very intriguing indeed to see what these new titles look like when they get unified

• 1 decade ago

This the worst idea i ever heard.

What if all the titles went to raw,what gonna happen to smackdown.

• 1 decade ago

i feel tht wwe is more of a drama show that bores the hell outta me and its completely useless and stupid

• 1 decade ago

GAY

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.