promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Can I sue my auto insurance company for sexism? Legal Aid- HELP?

My wife has been in 4 accidents in the last 3 years and had 2 speeding tickets. But because she is a woman she only pays $115 for full coverage. We have the same policy same deductibles, and nearly the same car. She is 22 and I am 23. She drives a 2010 Toyota Corolla, and I drive an 06 Toyota Matrix. I have had no accidents, no tickets or violations, but I pay $220 for full coverage, because Im a male. Again we have the same policy, same deductibles, and nearly the same car.

Can I sue my insurance agency for SEXISM.? And it's not just 21 Century, it's the same thing with Geico, Progressive, USAA, ETC. All of them charge males way more than they charge females.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Teekno
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because males your age statistically have accidents much more frequently than women.

Don't bother suing, because the insurance company has all the facts on their side. While your driving record is taken into account, it's still mostly an odds game, and the odds are against you.

The good news is that you'll almost certain move into a lower risk group on your 25th birthday.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Free Auto Insurance Quotes : http://AutoInsurance.trustdd.com/?PIMb
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Insurance companies are totally allowed to charge different rates based on risk. Being a young male is statistically riskier for car insurers.

• 10 years ago

You have two very different cars, especially since yours is older you will pay more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dianne
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

No...........It's not their fault you married a stupid woman when there were plenty of great women to choose from.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.