HISTORY HOMEWORK! HELP!! 10PTS.?
Multiple Choice! Take home-exam questions that I need help with.
1. Chief leader of the moderate approach to achieving black rights within American society was?
Ida B. Wells.
W.E.B. Du Bois.
T. Thomas Fortune.
Booker T. Washington.
2. According to the Plessy v. Ferguson decision,
Question 2 answers
black voters could be disfranchised through the "good character" clause.
the races could be separated but equal accommodations must be provided.
separate facilities for blacks and whites were illegal.
segregation laws violated the Fourteenth Amendment.
Native Americans were given lands in the U.S.
3. An important factor in the white man's defeat of the Plains tribes was
general agreement among the Indians not to resist white settlements in the area.
destruction of the buffalo herds.
the inability of the Indians to use guns.
4. The "new immigrants" whose migration to the United States increased after 1880 came mainly from
northern and western Europe.
southern and eastern Europe.
5. In the years from 1865 to 1900, middle-class men in America enjoyed
fewer career opportunities in the professions.
greater job opportunities.
greater opportunities as doctors and lawyers but not as engineers and architects.
few educational opportunities.
6. Among working-class Americans, native-born Protestants
competed with the Irish for the lower-ranking jobs.
were generally displaced from skilled jobs by immigrants.
filled most of the middle ranks of the occupational structure.
held a larger share of the skilled jobs.
7. The Homestead strike included all of the following developments EXCEPT
the outcome of the strike was a major blow for organized labor.
Frick hired private guards to keep workers away from the factory.
Andrew Carnegie, the owner of Homestead, was killed.
8. Question 8 text In 1882 as part of a wave of anti-immigrant sentiment, Congress passed the
Chinese Exclusion Act.
American Railway Act.
Clayton Anti-trust Act.
none of these
Carnegie and Frick wanted to break the new union at the plant.
armed steel workers fought a gun battle with Homestead guards.
the Indians' refusal to use the horse.
the height of Anglo American men.
- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
you may reason to self: I don't need to know history to prosper in life. I am going to be an engineer or mathematician or something else
but the fact that you are cheating is leading you to the road of laziness, and it will bite you in your *honk* later. I know cuz I've been bittenSource(s): personal exp
- Anonymous10 years ago
Cheaters never prosper.