can you get a wifi stick without a contract and use it?

i got a netbook this year to use when i was near hot spots only , but when i cant locate a hot spot a free one thats not secured ,i wondered would a wifi usb stick help my situation so i could always be connected to a free public hot spot? or is this not necessary since the netbook already has wifi installed?

also before i got my netbook this girl told me she got a usb modem so she is always connected is this necessary also?

Favorite Answer

WiFi is completely different from Wireless Boadband.

WiFi, or the wireless networking that you would do for free at a Coffee Shop, uses a Wireless Networking card that is inside your netbook or laptop. It works over the same 2.4ghz frequency as a cordless phone. You know how cordless phones don't work when you take them too far from the base? Same with WiFi. Wireless Networking has a range of about 1600 feet.

Wireless Broadband, or what you mistakenly call a WiFi USB stick, is actually a Wireless Broadband Modem, or 3g modem, or 4g modem. It is essentially a cell phone for your computer, and it provides wireless broadband access wherever you can get cell phone reception... give or take a bar or two. Because it is like a cell phone, you would need a monthly contract or to have pre-paid access in order to use it, just like a cell phone, because it uses the same towers and services. So, can you get a Wireless Broadband USB modem and use it without a contract? Sure. You just have to pre-pay it instead. But be careful... there are limits on how much data you can transfer, and if you go over, you WILL either lose connection, or get charged. Verizon and AT&T offer Prepaid wireless broadband access.

And now does what that girl told you make sense? that USB modem she had, was a wireless broadband USB modem.

end of line

Wifi Stick

• Rose

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/E4fVD

Smart decision. I bought my iphone at the apple store, then I went to a mobile store and asked for a prepaid (pay as you go) service. They gave me a sim card. I got my 5fav plan and now i can talk and text to 5 phone numbers for free anytime, anywhere for under $20 a month. You can use the service you want, either go for data or pay a little more if you want but at least its up to you and you decide if you want stay with them or go to another company for a better deal because you wont be stuck in a 3 years contract. You also save a lot of money doing this. The only thing that sucks, for me, I dont have a data plan, but that's fine because i have wifi at work, at my girlfriends house and at my house, and I seldomly need to use data when i am on the road. The GPS still works and everything. Another thing thats cool buy the iphone cash is that you can sell it, and you know that there will always have people wanting to buy it. Its a popular phone.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i got a netbook this year to use when i was near hot spots only , but when i cant locate a hot spot a free one thats not secured ,i wondered would a wifi usb stick help my situation so i could always be connected to a free public hot spot? or is this not necessary since the netbook already has...

Source(s): wifi stick contract it: https://tinyurl.im/qYUE8