Jehovah Witnesses, is the Father called the 'Beginning,' and the End?

Does the 'Beginning' mean He had a beginning? Does it mean He was created? I'm trying to follow your logic here. You said, because Jesus is said to be the Beginning in Revelation 3:14, and in also called the Beginning and the End in Revelation 1 and 22, He thus had a beginning. Same Greek words are used when 'Beginning and End' is describing the Father. Why in one instance does it mean Jesus was created, but not the Father? Neither the Father, nor the Son are created.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Greetings,

I agree with Abernathy. Stop posting the same questions repeatedly. As much as I hate to report questions I will begin to report such repeated questions from you.

You have been given valid and logical answers to this question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ah2.q...

Again,

The question displays many fatal mistakes made by beginners in learning Greek. One is looking at single words and missing the important grammatical signals and semantics with dictate in what sense a word is to be taken. ARCHE means “beginning” and the particular sense is determined by the semantics and context.

Linking the sense of the word ARCHE as it is used in Rev.1:8 with how it is used in Rev.3:14 is ludicrous. Such argumentation demands both extreme ignorance and extreme prejudice from its hearers!

Yours,

BAR-ANERGES

• The title “the Alpha and the Omega” applies to Jehovah, stressing that there was no almighty God before him and that there will be none after him. He is “the beginning and the end.” (Rev. 21:6; 22:13) Although Jehovah is referred to as “the first and the last” at Revelation 22:13, in that there is none before or after him, the context in the first chapter of Revelation shows that the title “the First and the Last” there applies to Jesus Christ. He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life and the last one to be so resurrected by Jehovah personally.—Col. 1:18.

• X
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The Son WAS created......and no matter how hard you try and twist and change the scriptures to say otherwise, it's still the case. Colossians 1:15 and Revelation 3:14 makes it crystal clear that Jesus was created. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but you'll still be wrong.

You obviously don't know the Bible very well at all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Jehovah is the uncreated Father. Jesus is his created son.

Stop posting the same questions over and over, since you aren't adding anything to the discussion. I'm having difficulty wading through all the 'Jehovah' and 'NWT' questions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.