Chad asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Five years from now, will the Phillies regret giving away J.A Happs for Roy Oswalt?

if they don't win with oswalt this year? happ looks like a stud pitching for the astros.

• .
    Favorite Answer

I know I already do. ... I liked Happ =/ And he was getting better and better each season.

Oswalt gets some of the worst run support I've ever seen, so it's frustrating with him.

In 5 Years From Now Oswalt will almost retiring, While Happ Will Be Either a

1. Travling From 1 Team to Another

2. Stuck in Minor Leauges

3. Be Like D-Train

So In Five This Trade will Have done NOTHING.

• raper

Wait, Happ isn't interior the deal? Wow, i ought to declare if Amaro controlled to no longer in basic terms shop Happ; yet in addition have the Astros pay greater then 8MM of his earnings, he's almost forgiven for the Cliff Lee flow... The flow needless to say places the surging-at-the-good time Phillies interior the ideal place, interior the 2d a million/2 of the 300 and sixty 5 days; which they have traditionally carried out properly in. I nonetheless might prefer to snatch a bullpen piece nonetheless, in basic terms for an further protection blanket. yet Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels is quite a a million-2-3 punch. to no longer point out, in the event that they controlled to hold directly to J.A. Happ because of the fact the 4th guy; i'm inspired. EDIT: i'm slow, Happ is interior the deal. Deal nonetheless surely works out for the Phils nonetheless, a high quality and needed flow.

Nope mean Oswalt is a good pitcher and a Good Fielder they have got a Bargain getting Oswalt I mean Happ He will leave Houston in Off Season likely with a Contender the Astros are not a Good team.

Not at all...

Happ was never going to be and never will be the pitcher that Oswalt is. Oswalt's a team player. Look, the dude played left field for a couple innings after Howard got ejected! Oh, and he's a damn good pitcher too!

• Antoc

If they don't win, maybe. It depends on how JA Happ will pan out over the long run. If he becomes a big time ace, then yes, I think they probably will regret it. JA Happ is a good young pitcher and it was a good move on the Astros part of acquiring him.

Yes because Happ is pitching better than Oswalt is right NOW,and will continue to pich better than him for the next 10 seasons. So i deffinately think so.

I think so. I think they made a mistake when they traded Cliff Lee. They could have still signed Roy Halladay when he got to free-agency and they could have used the money they gave to Ryan Howard to sign Cliff Lee. Then the rotation would be- Halladay-Lee-Hamels-Happ. Try facing that in a short series.

I doubt it , happ will be good , and they knew it but they were looking for a championship this year , and they wieghed out the two and decided to make the trade

I think the regret has already sunk in. they go after a starter who have been a bit shaky for a couple of seasons now and give up their best young prospect pitcher who had a great season last year.