Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Survey: Do you accept that we share a common ancestor with chimpanzees?

State your reasons for your answer and are you atheist/agnostic or a believer?

Best Answer

Nope.

We share a common Creator.

I think the evidence is overwhelming on my side. not the evidence in textbooks - but the evidence in the fossil record.

http://www.reasons.org/siteSearch/node/?keys=myth&...

• Tango

No, not at all because if we did share an ancestry with chimpanzees, through evolution there would be no chimps left as they would have all converted to humans over thousands of years. All DNA profiles would have mutated simultaneously instead of being fragmented leaving a variety of apes such as Gorilla's, Chimpanzees and Baboons etc.

My belief is that the skeletal structure of both species may be similar but the human race has always been totally independent of the ape family.

Yes I do accept we share a common ancestor with chimps.

Evolution proves it.

Not really sure but i put more belief in the theory of evolution than i do in religion as humans were around far longer than religion was and to all those bible bashers out there religions have come and gone and are man written stories so you can not say it is absolute truth cos remember at 1 point the ancient egyptians believed there religion was absolute truth now they are mostly muslim

No, but according to the theory of evolution it is very possible that chimpanzees once were human, but turned into something worse by gene changes. It is in fact more probable than the other way around.

No - the evidence isn't there but there is plenty of suppositions and conclusions based on subjective thinking

Believer - because the evidence for Gods existence is inexcusable

Yes because of the overwhelming evidence that supports the claim. I am atheist but i accepted it when I was christian. It had nothing to do with me becoming a atheist.

Yes I do. The physical similarities are a pretty good hint, and the genetic signature is irrefutable.

Atheist.

i'm an atheist and i do believe we share a common ancestor

i repeat: we share a common ancestor with monkeys, but we did not directly evolve from monkeys. no one gets that nowadays.

I accept that it is a possibility - even a likelihood. I remain unconvinced, and will remain so as long as the evidence remains wholly "circumstantial".

Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

Yes, because there is so much scientific evidence! I'm an atheist