Why does the government FORCE everyone to be protected by the police? Why can't we opt out?

I mean, the capitalistic approach would be that, if you wanted to be protected from crime, you'd just hire your own security (if you're too poor, tough beans - fight for that promotion). Requiring that EVERYONE contribute to a government system where you HAVE to pay taxes and can't opt out of your... show more I mean, the capitalistic approach would be that, if you wanted to be protected from crime, you'd just hire your own security (if you're too poor, tough beans - fight for that promotion).

Requiring that EVERYONE contribute to a government system where you HAVE to pay taxes and can't opt out of your police coverage is clearly a communist liberal idea.

For that matter, why can't I decide I don't want to contribute to the fire department, the standing military, or public education? Aren't these all socialist systems as well? Shouldn't we all be hiring individual fire protection companies to respond if our stuff starts burning down, individual mercenaries to protect our individual property from foreign invasion, et cetera?
Update: "FORCED Health Insurance is purchased through a private company, which is unconstitutional."

Hear, hear! I mean, that'd be like if the national military started contracting private companies to build their hardware, or something crazy communist like that.