Help with books to read for college? :)?

So for summer holiday work before i start college I have to read 3 books and do some questions etc, and you get to pick the books out of a list. The only one that looks familiar is the adventures of huckeberry finn....i've read the adventures of tom sawyer...but does anyone know which came first? And which is better?

ALSO I'm supposed to buy Wuthering Heights, and The colour purple by Alice Walker before sep 7th...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY THEM??? :O

Best Answer

Just get the numbers for your area book stores from the phone book or website, and call. They'll be able to check for you if they have the books in stock so you don't have to go running around. They will also probably put it aside for you if you tell them you're coming in in the next few days to pick it up. I worked in a book store and we would do that, daily. Then when you arrive, you just go to the cash desk and tell them which books you wanted and your name, and they'll pull them for you and you can head home to start reading!

If you post your book list online, I'm sure anyone in this category would be willing to offer an opinion on which books you should read ;)

Tom Sawyer, then Huckleberry Finn.

I assume you can buy them in a bookstore like Barnes & Nobles, or Borders. Not sure about The Color Purple, but Wuthering Heights and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn should be easy to find.

Tom Sawyer was wrote first. It depends on your preference for which you like better. Personally, I like Huckleberry Finn better.

You can buy Wuthering Heights and The Color Purple at regular bookstores like Barnes and Noble or Borders. Or you can order them online from those bookstores' websites or Amazon.

Tom Sawyer came first. They're both good books. As for the other two, I would try second hand bookstores. They'll be very cheap, and often fairly good quality. Good luck with your school year!

For Wuthering Heights, try Amazon. Be careful though, because there are simplified versions out there which aren't true to the original.

You can buy those books through http://www.bigwords.com. I'm a senior in college and I've been using them since freshmen year and it's been able to save me a ton of money. They search through all the online textbook retailers and rental sites then they compare all the lowest prices to find you the best deal. It's awesome. Deff worth looking into.

Read The Colour Purple, I love that book.

Amazon.com for cheap

360° of Reading: A Literature Guide for the College Bound Volume I

What do Richard Dawkins, Jackie Robinson, and St Teresa have in common? .They all can be found in this book! 360° of Reading is a literature reference guide for high school students. It makes a great stocking stuffer at Christmas, or 'end of school year' gift for that special student.

http://www.amazon.com/360%C2%B0-Reading-Literature...

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Also check out there are many collection of books at ebay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?...