How did the role of women change during the Neolithic Revolution?

I know what the Neolithic Revolution is, I just want to know how it changed the women's lives

Favorite Answer

Well, prior to the Neolithic revolution, people were mainly hunter-gatherers, and women generally do the gathering in such socieites. They would have spent much of thei rtime searching for edibles like nuts, berries, roots, eggs, molluscs, etc. Children would help when they were old enough. women would probably also have been responsible for preparing the food, and for makingclothing from animal skins, plant fibres etc.

After the Neolithic revolution, when people began to live in settled communities rather than being nomadic, people worked significantly harder. In primitive agricultural societies, it is often women who do the growing of crops, and this may have been the case in early agricultural societies in the neolithic era. women would also be responsible for grinding corn, a traditional female activity in societies that still live in this way. Spinning and weaving are other tasks that are generally done by women in such societies, cloth production was a mainly female activity in this period, and until the medieval era. Women may also have made pottery.

Generally, women would have worked harder in agricultural societies than in hunter-gatherer societies, as would men. Farming is a much harder way of life than is hunter-gathering.

There is also some evidence that people's health declined somewhat when they changed from hunter-gathering to agriculture. The diet of hunter-gatherers - wild game, fruit, nuts etc, is generally healthier and more nourishing than the grain-based diet of agricultural societies. And it causes less tooth decay etc.

Source(s): Women in Prehistory by Margaret Ehrenberg

Neolithic Women

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): role women change neolithic revolution: https://biturl.im/DvZlS

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awpHq

You might find it interesting to read "Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation" by Cokie Roberts. We hear much more about the men drafting important documents and going to war and so much less about the women who stayed at home and made sure the funding for their husbands kept coming, and that the family had food and shelter, and that the family moved out of the way of the war. Women took on a huge part of the running of the nation while the men were out on the front lines as well as influencing their husbands and friends in their political views.

They really didn't all that much. During the revolution, women gained more domestic powers, but that was about it. Women had some more power in politics, but mostly due to their influence on their husbands, Abigail Adams and Mercy Otis Warren are good examples.

Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last couple years, I'm sure you've heard of the Paleo Diet. Read here https://tr.im/WwiIi

I hate to even call it a diet, because it's really just the real way that humans have eaten for almost 1.9 Million years, as opposed to the modern-day processed food diet full of grains, sugars, and processed vegetable oils.

It's been a while since I took world history, but if I remember right, the woman's live changed from matriarchy to patriarchy, because the farmwork required more muscle which males tend to have more.