Ashley asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

I'm spoiled because i have a horse?

Apparently. this girl got mad because we got into an argument where she said she was planning to ride a yearling i said it was wrong. she got to the farm and found out they only meant "work with him" as in playing in the field and feeding. but a few months later she decided to bring it up again. now calling me a spoiled brat who gets everything i want just because i got a horse and her parents can't afford it although they have been promising her one for quite some time. now my horse was only $1000 and we got him to find out he needed some huge training issues worked out. but she doesn't know that. my tack i got good deals on. but now she is saying all this how i am spoiled just because i have a horse and nobody that rides at the barn in the lesson program has one. so i can kind of understand that but nobody really sees how much my parents gave up for me, my dad loved his motorcycle but he sold it for me to have the money and wont be getting one for another few years so he could use the loan on a nice trailer rather then another bike. both parents gave up a ton of wants for extra money and the time. but with lessons starting next week since summer camps when lesson end this will be my first lesson with him where the people who ride in the lessons (my friends are in a different group) will see him. although i know she said that because she was mad i got paranoid, i don't want others in the lesson thinking that since they have been riding years longer then me i can just get a horse cause i want one. how can i show im not some spoiled brat? and that we all worked hard for this and im still the same person without a horse as i am with? sorry for the novel but any help?

im not worried what she thinks i just don't want the people in the group im in lessons with thinking that because i have only been riding in that group for 6 months i'd been in another group at the barn so i don't want that bad impression where im just like a brat who gets everything. my parents made the choices i didn't ask them to i never wanted my dad to sell his bike i told him not to many times. i gave up alot too. and im very grateful for it all shes just got me paranoid now that im going to come off that way to the others that im trying to make the better impression on.

Favorite Answer

WOW, you are a very smart girl. DO NOT let her jealousy affect you. Be nice and courteous to everyone and they will see who you really are. You dont sound like the type who is snobby. That you even see what your parents have done for you is amazing. Go to your lessons and learn everything you can and most off all have FUN. If she is jealous let her be. there is nothing you can do to make it any better. Other people will be able to see it. Don't feel bad about your parents because they did that for you because they love you and WANTED to do that for you. Maybe her parents are not like that, but that's not your fault.

You really shouldn't care what other people think...Just about every person with a horse has to give up some kind of money matter. Not every kid is lucky enough to have a horse and that's how it is. I was one of them and the only kids I thought that were spoiled were the ones who didn't appreciate the horse and were always asking for more and mroe and were rude to their parents. This person said that to you because they are jealous.You don't need to prove anything to anyone but if you did...depending on how old you are, you could get a job and help pay for it. If your not old enough, you should consider having your parents drop you off at the barn on your free time so you can help take care of all the horses--not just your own. A big problem with horse owners is that they only care about winning shows, or showing off. If horses are your passion, show it, and don't care what anyone thinks. But you should help your parents in some ways even if you can't pay with money, pay them by cleaning the house, doing little chores around the house, anything that would earn you allowance, don't take the money, just help out! Some kids in lesson programs are just taking lessons as something to learn or to please their parents. If you are serious about horses, you should have a horse/lease/ride horses a lot.

I don't have a horse still and I'm much older and you know what, it's really not that bad. Not having a horse has allowed me to work with many peoples horses and learn a nlot and I have a friend that let's me come and ride her horses everyday. I would love to have a horse but I know I'm not in a financial position to do that but when I do have a horse, I will appreciate it and be well prepared.

Colin petschek, you can have nice things and not be spoiled, it depends on how you act with these nice things that maker you who you are. like if you show off your new stuff or act better than others then thats what i would call spoiled, but when you work hard and be nice to other people and donate time and help, that is VERY different. like i got a horse and everyone treated me like a spoiled brat, little did they know i cleaned the house everyday worked in the garden and just plain out workd for a year and a half straight till they even considered getting me a horse.

Source(s): I miss you Misty girl~

today seems to be the day for B-itches at the barn :)

hen i was younger, i worked my **** off to have my gelding I was 11 and worked soemtimes 7 hours days at the barn just so i could keep him there and not pay. I worked at farms for feed and baby sat to get money for vets and farrier etc. when i was 13 I got the use of a big paddock and got some more horses and my mother was in a financially secure position so could help out. having a horse does not mean you are spoilt, sometimes yeah it does but those people would be spoilt with or without a horse, it's just one more thing on their "things I own list". But there's so many people that love horses out there, that work their butts off to have them. Differences in experience should not matter, and at the end of the day as long as the horse is cared for properly who cares if his owner is spoilt. I mean seriously, some people need to know when to shhhhhhhh, everytime she speaks to you , you should just be like "shhhhhhhhhhhhhh"it'll annoy her and she'll stop talking to you.

Just ignore them. I have two horses and I'm not a spoiled brat. My Arabian I used all the money I had saved up my whole entire life to pay for, and my Thoroughbred was a birthday present that we got from a OTTB rescue and I also helped pay for. I work very hard to take care of my horses. I don't have a lot of money, but I do whatever I have to to pay for them.

If someone brings it up with you, tell them how hard you worked for this horse and that you and your parents have had to give up a lot. Good luck.

i am in the same situation hun :) i bout a pony for £1000 and my "best mate" came up to see her, well she had problems and such she bit me quite hard drew blood etc etc so i smacked her and told her off, my "friend" went into school next day and told everyone i beat my pony, of course i got abuse for her telling everyone that but i got over it, i said look if you got a problem of the way i treat my horse thats your problem and if you think that gossiping makes you look big well it don't and did you hear my side of the story? obviously not now go back to your sad life and people left it at that. the "friend" said i was spoilt and such but they gave up s*%& loads for me, and she says im spoilt she has a massive house i mean she could get a pony if she wants lol hope it helps :) just tell her to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Source(s): experience ;)
  • Sounds like she's the spoiled brat who's just jealous because you have a horse and she doesn't.

You can work really hard and if you don' t know thm that well it doesn't matter what they think. Sorry that sounds pretty lamme.

• Accola

Just shrug her off, ignore her. Who cares what she thinks?

from what i got from your novel your parents gave up a lot, even to much to get you a horse so i would say that makes you spoiled