Why are so many gay men on craigslist just looking for sex?

Let me start of my saying I do not mean to generalize. I am gay myself and I am just stating what I see. So many of the men seeking men on craigslist are just looking for sex, yet if you look at men seeking women or women seeking men, most are just looking for a relationship. Women seeking women seems to be about half and half. I find this phenomena very disturbing and would like to hear from other LGBT about why you think this is. Homophobes, I don't really care what you think, so save your time.

Favorite Answer

Well. OK. Historically gay folks have not had culturally acceptable ways to court in public. We do NOT have a dating culture. That is the legacy we have simply inherited. Prior to the internet most gay men found whatever sex and affection they could either in mafia owned gay bars or public toilets. And up until the last forty years or so, all of it was patently illegal. With the advent of the gay civil rights movement and the internet, the legal stigma was lifted from consensual same sex liaisons, but not the cultural stigma. Simply put finding and getting sex is easier now and less dangerous. But we still don't have the social edifices that promote healthy relationships.

You will get the people that will say that guys are all just pigs and only about sex. That's not true. And we know this. But until we get a true dating culture, starting in adolescence, we are going to continue with what we have historically known as the only proper way to behave.

Craigslist Gay Men

2

Source(s): Girl Alone Live Webcam : http://CamGz.com/?meza

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Let me start of my saying I do not mean to generalize. I am gay myself and I am just stating what I see. So many of the men seeking men on craigslist are just looking for sex, yet if you look at men seeking women or women seeking men, most are just looking for a relationship. Women seeking women...

Source(s): gay men craigslist sex: https://shortly.im/MQwkd

Because men are straight forward and when they need to have sex they know where to go to get it. They don't have to do all the courting games straight people need to do to get to the same intended desire. It doesn't mean gay guys don't want relationships, its just they go to different sites and places for that. Craigslist is discreet so it offers hook-ups also to in-the-closet gays who want to have sex, but are afraid of coming out.

When you look at the percentages of how many men are doing it it is not than many . To answer your question Is is just a lot safer to answer an ad than to hang out in a bar or a adult book store . Some people just want a booty call every now and then nothing more .

because craigslist is a dirty hookup site when it comes to the gay dating section. It is alot like adam4adam or manhunt... only the nasty guys are on those types of sites. Check out okcupid.com or even plentyoffish. They are both totally free and have alot of decent guys on them, who re just looking for normal relationships ..okcupid is definitely more professional and cleaned up looking of the two sites, but flentyoffish is still very popular and where I met my boyfriend of a year and a half, so its possible!

Good luck man, I feel your stress

Um Because it's Craig's list. It doesn't sound like a place where people go to meet quality guys. It reminds me of when girls say why can't I meet a great guy?? I've been to every bar in town!!! I'm like well you are going to a place where people specifically go to hook up if you want a quality guy try meeting one in a place where quality guys go. Church, library or school not a bar.

If you want to meet a quality gay guy. Try a gay rights organization or a gay image group. Not Craig's list.

• ?

first it is not typical gay men it is really promiscuous ones that advertise they want a different partner every night and have exhausted the supply of local gay promiscuous men. I believe that some are jokes and pranks played on people at the expense of others, as well as people who want to remain anonymous but want to participate.

99.9% of men are pigs only want sex and don't give a **** about the female feelings like assholes charlie and alan harper. i'm so glad 2 and a half men has been finally cancelled, it really sucked for alan harper was the biggest asshole of all then was charlie then berta with her sharp tongue and then was gas cloud jake and his stupidity then was evelyn, a stinking money hungry cougar, and let's not forget judith, and supposid bi-sexual and so ignorant, she really sucked.

this show was in the end getting too much soft porn, just what the zionist asshole jew producers wanted, we gone.