Can't request money back on whole life policy through Shenandoah Life Insurance Co.?

We sat down tonight with my mother about her estate and we are (and she is ) concerned about not being able to cash in her whole life insurance policies through Shenandoah Life Insurance Co. She has paid the full max. amount that was to be in their, but now she would like to cash her policies out and they said... show more We sat down tonight with my mother about her estate and we are (and she is ) concerned about not being able to cash in her whole life insurance policies through Shenandoah Life Insurance Co. She has paid the full max. amount that was to be in their, but now she would like to cash her policies out and they said that they won't let her do that. Our question is, are they able to say that to her, that they can't cash out her whole life insurance policies and cancel the accounts through Shenandoah? She did receive a letter in the mail a few months ago saying that they were in "receivership"? and I did just look at their web site and found the following info. too... (A moratorium placed on the payment of claims and benefits, except for accident & health claims,
death claims, and periodic annuity payments, at the time of receivership will remain in place during the parties’ negotiations. And, Shenandoah will not resume the issuance of new insurance policies until a plan of rehabilitation is approved by the SCC.)
Can anyone please help us with understanding how we can help our mother be able to cash out her policies and close her accounts? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
6 answers 6