Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I have sex now?

I am 14 years old, my girlfriend is 13. We have both talked about sex before and we both know what we're doing and we're ready. We will use a condom because obviously I don't want her getting pregnant. Neither of us have never had sex before, but she says she wants it and so do I, so should I do it?

Favorite Answer

NO.

NO.

NO.

A million times no! I know it's so tempting but please for your sake and her sake don't do it!

I know you hate the "you're too young" thing but seriously, you're not ready! I lost my virginity at 17 and I still wasn't ready. I've learned that if you share that special bond with the person you want to spend your life with, it makes sex so much more special. And for that reason I have decided to stop having sex and save myself for the person I spend my life with.

Also, condoms may prevent pregnancy for a little while, if you have sex, the girl will eventually get pregnant, no matter how safe you are. The primary role of sex is procreation. You love your girlfriend right? So why are you even considering risking her future like that? If she got pregnant, her entire future is now gone. She'll barely be able to finish high school let alone go to college. You'll have to help support the child so there goes your future also.

Being a female, I know how she feels about this. She may say that she wants this but in reality, it's just the hormones talking. She may also say this because she probably thinks you'll break up with her if she says no.

Just please hear me out. Sex is for adults who can support a child and deal with the consequences sex brings around.

Just don't do it.

Just wait man. At exactly your age I had a girlfriend that was 13 too, we dated for about a year and a half and I lost my virginity to her but I didn't really feel ready so it wasn't so good. Now at 17 I am ready to go, you might be different but only do it if you are 100% ready.

3 years is actually a big difference, especially when you're still going through puberty. Maybe I'm not really ready...

Wow if your going to have sex like right now why would you be on YahooAnswers! even if it were later or whenever a condom isn't going to solve everything, and if your asking strangers on here you probably shouldn't be having sex in the first place. I'm not saying you shouldn't have sex, that's your choice, but at 14 are you really ready for what comes along with it ?

I'm 15 and I say that you shouldn't do it. What if the condoms break? What if you get caught? If you where to get her pregnant then it would be YOUR responsibility not to mention your parents would most likely murder you. Also if you were to get her pregnant you would be bringing a Innocent soul into this world and no way to support it because you are still to young to get a job (trust me I've tried) you can't drive and you will be so damn stressed with baby you will probably want to kill yourself. trust me bro don't ruin your life you still have your whole life ahead of you.

there is nothing good that can come out of having sex so young. you really should wait. i dont know how long you have been dating but you shouldnt even be considering it at your age.

no please dont. you will regret it soo much. trust me