Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 decade ago

Tightness in chest after exercising?

Hi, i'm around 5,7-6ft and im 190 pounds. I'm trying to lose weight, and I went for a run today. I ran about half a mile today, and I felt my chest kind of tighten up. I was wondering if this could be because my lack of exercise before.

Favorite Answer

probably. your lungs just aren't used to having to work that hard. if you keep working out for a half hour or so at a time, your lungs will adjust gradually and it won't be so bad anymore

• ?

The increased blood pumping causes muscles in your chest to swell up a bit. You'll be fine.

Yes.