Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you guys get angry when ppl try to convert you into their religion? (eg:Jehovah's Witnesses)?

Why do you guys get angry when people try to convert you into their religion? and if you are perfectly fine with it then why do you think it is OK for them to try to convert you?

Favorite Answer

I think there are some people out there who feel its their mission in life, to proselytize and spread their religion to others. This phenomenon has been around since the formation of Christianity and the Catholic Church.

The reality is, we believe what we choose to believe. Even those who "convert" from one religion to another will have their own subjective belief system. They will cherry pick what they want to see or feel out of a religion, discarding the rest.

It depends on how you see religion. Religion in its original meaning means to bind up. people try to bind up people through religious stuff in order to make people do their stuff for a blessed hope. So I can see why people dont get angry because of that. They dont want to do that. Its not okay if someone tries to convert me when I dont want to be a part of it. Im a Christian and I never force anyone on my beliefs. I may talk and rave about Christ a lot but that doesnt mean I will force anyone. I'll let it come naturally.

Source(s): Been Christian since I was a kid.
  • chen

no never. i with courtesy tell them I have not any pastime in any faith. the way i see it,its like a activities team. on the initiating,they have a thriving club,and after a on an analogous time because it dwindles. by way of human beings leaving,getting previous,dieing and no new blood to swap them. so the club has to have a recruitment tension.to maintain the club alive. thats basically what they're doing. in the event that they get pushy,and make contact with me a sinner who's danmed to hell,then confident. i'm going to get very indignant.and particular bodily eliminate them. yet they have by no potential carried out that,and that i've got discovered them to be ok mannered. jw's and mormons the two. they have thanked me for my time,and went with a grin.

• Jessi

It's completely annoying, though I wouldn't go so far as to say that I become angry. I'm going to be who I am, and you're going to be who you are. I can agree to disagree with you, but if you're forcing me to try to be like you, you will be disappointed.

nah, my parents have been trying to make me a Catholic my whole life, it doesn't really make me angry. also, i have some cousins, aunts, and uncles that have converted to JW so it is unescapable.

the occasional door-to-door visit also doesn't bother me.

meh, could be worse.

Yes!! I mean like if you want to be true to your religion all you have to do is think about you and your faith not about making everyone else what you are. Damn

I get angry. That is why I keep coming to a religion room along with you. Makes us sooo angry. Thanks for asking. :-)

I will LITERALLY invite Jehovah's into my house, have an hour-long conversation with them, even get them snacks etc. And then tell them I'm an atheist. They get so pissed. XD

Nope. They're always the ones who leave angry.;)

• chieko

no. i'm pretty even-tempered.it's okay because with me, they're preaching to the choir...