Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Chances at WVU with 3.0 GPA?

Im entering my Junior year of High School and i have a 3.0 GPA. (It got bumped of from a 2.9). I will definetely raise it higher by the time i graduate, and i havent taken the SATs yet, but i havent taken a PSAT and will take another one before i start all my SATs. I do after school activites and i have a job. WVU's requirements for out of state students is 2.5 GPA, 990 SAT and 21 ACT. Also do you recommend i take the ACT? Do i have a chance at being accepted to WVU now? What if i bring up my grades and do good on the SAT? This is my most desired school. Also does the essay look good if you do it and its not required? Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should be a shoe-in at WVU with a 3.0. They have a reputation of sub-par academics and low standards. You might even get a full-ride scholarship. Seriously... no one should be going to college with a 2.5 even if they are in-state. You might want to aim a little higher if you want your degree to be worth something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, take the ACT and study for it. If you do well on SAT and ACT, it improves your chances. PSAT qualifies you for some scholarships but also is a good trial run.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.