GenericMan asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

Does running help with negative emotions?

I go running every morning - about 20 minutes. It makes me feel good and it helps me lose a bit of weight. Recently, I've had a few things to contend with emotionally - would running help? For example, if I ran twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening - would it be ok physically to do that? Would it help with negative emotions?

• maya
    Favorite Answer

yeah, running (or any kind of exercise) helps keep your emotions positive! exercise releases endorphins, which are hormones produced naturally by your body that make you feel happier.

running twice a day sounds like a good idea. I would suggest at first doing two 10-minute or 15-minute runs a day instead of two 20-minute runs, since you don't want to overstress your body by suddenly doubling your exercise routine. as you get ever more physically fit, you can add more minutes to your work out.

I think running twice a day would be great in terms of emotions too: that way you could start the day off on a positive note (since you'll run in the morning), and you will end the day positively too, since running in the evening will help you release the tension you built up at work during the day.

good luck! :)

• ?

running helps to remove negative emotions because you release your stress while running. run in the morning and afternoon is good, but, run less time in the afternoon because you are already stress out during the day.

Source(s): sense