Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nova
Lv 6
Nova asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

If a guy keeps meeting women who are emotional, finanical, and otherwise soul draining anchors?

Is he meeting wrong women or are they all like that, and he just needs to accept it?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The people he meets are a reflection, almost like a mirror image, of who is is at the moment. If he meets soul draining anchors (a mixed metaphor indeed) he must be soul depleted, or financially busted, or emotionally exhausted himself.

He needs to withdraw for a time, fix himself, clear his head, pull up his empty soul-anchor and do something else for a while. When he's back in balance, he will find someone. It always happens, at any age or stage of life.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

After my divorce I met a string of un or underemployed ladies with pre pubescent boys that had behavior problems and had an old car that needed fixing. I had the idea that if I took my time and didn't push, I'd meet the right woman. I wasn't getting any sex from these women.

I decided that if there was no sex on the first date, there would be no second date. Suddenly, I was meeting self assured successful women that were fun to be around!!! Also met my wife of over 25 years.

Change your dating requirements and social circles. Quick!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You shouldn't accept it. But do you really think you're going to get the majority of women to see the error in their personalities? They are the way they are, and they obviously don't feel like changing (if you could live a life free of most major responsibilities, would you)? Whether you say yes or no to that question the fact remains that your a man and they are not. There are plenty of women out there that think its very natural to rely on a man for everything. That's just a fact of life.

You just have to meet the right one. I've met some beautiful, ambitious, self reliant women who wouldn't take a dime from a man and don't eat away at a man's.. manhood. There are women out there who will respect you as a person and respect you as a man. Unfortunately you just have to sift through the many spoiled, narcissistic, man-hating, greedy woman-brats this society is producing in droves. Lol.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, they are not all like that, none of the women I know would be thought of as what you describe. They have jobs and or go to school, they party sometimes but only once in awhile. They pay their own way and don't use men. Maybe you are attracted to a certain type of woman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A little of both....he is certainly running in to the wrong ones, but as un-PC and terribly unpopular with the fems as it is to say, those women DO make up the vast majority of the female population

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Or perhaps he personally finds interacting with women to be soul-draining and should give it up. Plenty of other men get along just fine...what's draining to one guy is a great time to another. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the women the way they are.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Great Zeppelin song and I really always thought it was "created for love" checked it out and I've been wrong for years...yes, I prefer Dazed and Confused to anything else

• 1 decade ago

The common element in this situation is the guy. If he is continually attracted to anchors, then he needs to re-evaluate his dating strategy.

• 1 decade ago

They aren't all like that.

Maybe he is looking in the wrong places or for the wrong sorts of characteristics?

I'd have him try switch it up and go meet women somewhere new and try speaking to someone he wouldn't normally consider.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes you're meeting wrong women.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.