Miami Rez asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

Some days I'm very social and talkative and others im very reclused and quiet?

I hate that I'm like this :/ I wish I could just be very outgoing all the time but for some reason im just not. Some times i think i may be bipolar or even have split personalities. There are some days that I will be extremely social and outgoing and literally I can start a conversation with any person i see and I'll be very friendly and easy to talk to. Like the last time I had a day like that though was like on Sunday. I was like that for like 3 days (Fri-Sun) and then on Monday, like Idk for some reason my personality will just change the next day for NO reason!! I absolutely hate it! Like usually I'll be super socialable for days at a time, but then Ill be back to being really introverted for like another few days. On the days that Im socialable, everyone likes me and Ill literally be the life of the day, the one everyone wants to be around and hang out with and I can get a bunch of new people numbers. and in my head ill be like "gosh i wish i could be like this all the time " :( but then the next day it wears off and Im back to being EXTREMELY awkward ! Like , for some reason Ill stutter a lot and i can barely utter a sentence without feeling awkward. I hate talking on those days because I know Im gonna stutter so Id rather just not speak. its a really bad feeling cus i just feel so alone and Ill get nervous if someone looks at me or asks me a question.IDK! Its weird Ive never met anyone like this before in my life! its strange as hell! does anyone have any idea of how I can cope with this?!

Favorite Answer

Everyone is like that... everyone has good days and bad days and ups and downs.. it is part of life.. it is not multiple personalities and it is not Bipolar.

Everyone has moods like those of Bipolar Disorder....... because everyone has mood swings, momentary loss of judgment, likes to go shopping, likes sex, feels down sometimes, gets angry now and then and is hyper on occasion. The difference is that all of these symptoms in Bipolar are so intense that they interfere with your ability to function. Think of a pole (biPOLEr) with 0 at the center (0 being normal) and 10 at one end (manic) and -10 at the other (deep depression). Most people have swings but stay within 3 to -3. I have fairly severe Bipolar 1 but since my psychosis is mild I go from -9 to 9.... Also depression that comes and goes is not bipolar but just recurring depression, you have to have mania for it to be Bipolar..... you have to go to both ends of the pole.

Rapidly changing emotions or becoming angry or sad easily is not all there is to Bipolar. That is just having emotions. People with Bipolar Disorder do not just change emotions quickly, they go through periods of depression followed by periods of mania or elevated mood. Mood affects everything about you.... your energy level, self esteem, sleep patterns, appetite, sexuality, emotional response, judgment, etc..... not just your emotions. And while rapid cycling is possible, it is rare. The average person with Bipolar only cycles two or three times a year. It is considered rapid cycling if they cycle 4 or more times in a year.

While everyone with Bipolar has a different set of symptoms and a different severity of symptoms, this is what Bipolar is like for me:

Depression - too tired to get out of bed, shower, even to brush my teeth. Cry all the time, sleep 16 hours a day. Feelings of self loathing and guilt that drive me to think of suicide but I'm to tired to even think about how to go about killing myself. It makes you feel small and worthless and completely insignificant. It makes you think about how big the world is and how meaningless you are in it..... and it refuses to let you have any good thoughts or see any good things.... when you look in the mirror all you see is pain, you don't even see yourself, you don't taste your favorite foods anymore, see that flowers are blooming, whether or not the sun is out, you become so inward that you hardly even notice your surroundings..... You don't even feel love for people anymore.... positive thoughts are just not possible...... it is a deep dark hole with no way out and no light for hope.... and most of all it makes you feel sooooo alone. And even if there were someone who cared about you they would be better off if you killed yourself....... because all you will ever be is a burden....... this can last from a couple of weeks to a couple of years.

Mania - Way too happy! PARTY GIRL! love drink and drugs. Talk really fast and pressured because my thoughts are going faster than my mouth can keep up with. Hypersexual - like I sleep with strangers and guys I just met on the internet or I masturbate 10 times a day. I once became bisexual because there were twice as many people to sleep with. down load porn and spend tons of money on sex toys. Spending sprees..... I once spent my mortgage money on african violets, yep, $1500 on African violets (then I got depressed and let them all die). Quit my job because I wanted my vacation pay for lottery tickets and I was so convinced I would win that I started shopping and writing bad checks because I'd be rich as soon as the numbers were drawn. Decided that I could replace the furnace in my home by myself... I mean how hard can it be..... Only sleep 2 or maybe 3 hours a night for months on end and never feel tired. In the end I was unemployed, $30,000 in debt, and had almost lost my home, which needed a new furnace because I had removed the old one.. or parts of it anyway. This can last for months.

I also have mixed states when I am depressed and manic at the same time which are truly the worst... By body and mind are depressed but there is this undercurrent of energy running all the time..... I'm highly emotional but the emotions tend to be negative (guilt and anger) I have intrusive thoughts and urges to mutilate myself (like wanting to stick my hands in the garbage disposal or cooking them on the BBQ), and I also have psychotic episodes where I hallucinate. This is when I am most suseptible to suicide because I am depressed, wanting to hurt myself, and I have the mental energy to plan and carry it out.

When I am on meds I am a normal 45 year old single mom of 3 and no one would even guess that I am Bipolar.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I hate that I'm like this :/ I wish I could just be very outgoing all the time but for some reason im just not. Some times i think i may be bipolar or even have split personalities. There are some days that I will be extremely social and outgoing and literally I can start a conversation with...

Source(s): days 39 social talkative im reclused quiet: https://tinyurl.im/uR8PT

I would print this and take it to your medical doctor. I don't really think it is bipolar, but there could be 100 medical reasons you feel this way from diabetes to high blood pressure to inner ear or sinus issues, to a diet with too much junk food. It would be wrong of us to just guess things and possibly project a problem on you that you don't have. Rule out something medical.

1

go see a psycologist